USA and UK convoys?

A sub-forum for players new to WIF, containing information on how to get started and become an experienced player.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

AlbertN

USA and UK convoys?

Post by AlbertN »

Greetings.

I am quite curious to see how they work in the Trade department, and if UK and USA convoys can ship resources of one another.
Because they seem they do not!

IF USA is giving Build Points or Resources to UK (Commonwealth) - the convoys need to be of a specific nation?
IF a CW resource is to be shipped to CW factories in England, can USA convoys be used in the pipeline?

At the present it looks like CW resources must use CW convoys, and USA resources USA convoys.
paulderynck

RE: USA and UK convoys?

Post by paulderynck »

It all depends on the US entry options. The US can exercise options to lend resources and BPs to the Western Allies and/or the USSR and/or China. While neutral the US cannot use its own CPs to carry the lends, except for China - or if the USA chooses the option to Refute Naval War Zones.

Generally, only active major powers can join in convoy pipelines. Generally, neutral majors may only carry their own resources/BPs.

Once both the US and CW are active, they can lend resources and BPs to their hearts content and transport them aboard any combinations of their CPs.
Paul
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

It all depends on the US entry options. The US can exercise options to lend resources and BPs to the Western Allies and/or the USSR and/or China. While neutral the US cannot use its own CPs to carry the lends, except for China - or if the USA chooses the option to Refute Naval War Zones.

Generally, only active major powers can join in convoy pipelines. Generally, neutral majors may only carry their own resources/BPs.

Once both the US and CW are active, they can lend resources and BPs to their hearts content and transport them aboard any combinations of their CPs.
Aren't US convoys used while the US is still neutral to fulfill their trade agreements with Japan? Also, don't Japanese convoys in the Japanese Coast and the US convoys work together to form the convoy pipeline?
Ronnie
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Yes that is true - all part of the specific rules for that trade agreement and thus an exception like the one for lending to China.
Paul
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

Yes that is true - all part of the specific rules for that trade agreement and thus an exception like the one for lending to China.
Thanks! I believe I'm starting to grasp production, trade and convoys. If it wasn't for you guys I wouldn't have a prayer. [&o]
Ronnie
AlbertN

Post by AlbertN »

Hmm then there is something odd I believe, as CW is not benefitting of an overabundance of US convoys in the Atlantic.
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Depends if the US is at war with anyone, or passes Entry Option 32.
Paul
Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

CW cannot use US convoys without what Paul mentions.
AlbertN

Post by AlbertN »

Hmm I shall wait a turn and check again but USA is at full war with both Axis blocks.
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

If it still seems funny after that, then I recommend viewing the latest production tutorial.
Paul

Return to “WIF School”