Helo RTB--Stand Up

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

76mm

Helo RTB--Stand Up

Post by 76mm »

I recently completed Stand Up. All was going well, until I received a message that one of my helos had run out of fuel and crashed. Huh?

It turns out that I had the helos at RAF Mount Pleasant conducting a ASuW patrol; at some point I cancelled the mission, told the helo currently in the air to RTB, and forgot about it. Unfortunately, instead of returning to RAF Mount Pleasant, it looks like the helo decided to return to England, and unfotunately ran out of fuel and crashed somewhere in the mid-Atlantic.

What happened here? I can send a save file if you need it.
mikmykWS

RE: Helo RTB--Stand Up

Post by mikmykWS »

Yeah if you can post the file.

Mike
scottb613

Post by scottb613 »

Yeah - I've been having problems with ASW mission aircraft as well - not specifically returning to base though - well other than the can't land issue previously reported... All of a sudden ALL my airborne ASW assets fixate on a single point - often beyond their range - and - I have to F3 them individually to get them back to their assigned missions... I posted a save in the BETA thread as that's the version I am using - its happened like three times so far...

Regards,
Scott

76mm

Post by 76mm »

Yeah if you can post the file.

Sorry, post it where/how?
scottb613

Post by scottb613 »

Hi...

What you need to do is save the game with the error condition - zip it up - then add it to this thread... One of the options when you post a message is to "Attach a File"...

Regards,
Scott
76mm

Post by 76mm »

OK, see attached autosave file from before the end of the game; the #02 helo from RAF Mount Pleasant is on an RTB mission but is way up in the Atlantic!
Attachments
Autosave_40sec.zip
(54.05 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

ORIGINAL: scottb613

Yeah - I've been having problems with ASW mission aircraft as well - not specifically returning to base though - well other than the can't land issue previously reported... All of a sudden ALL my airborne ASW assets fixate on a single point - often beyond their range - and - I have to F3 them individually to get them back to their assigned missions... I posted a save in the BETA thread as that's the version I am using - its happened like three times so far...

Regards,
Scott

I assume that issue is resolved now. You checked the setting in the mission editor

Also, I played with the save. The only way that helo could gotten there would be for an event to teleport it or it being accidentally placed there in the scenario editor. Its 3000km away from its base with a range of 700km. Its base is still Mount Pleasant.

An earlier save might show. I am going to run it from start and see what happens.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

OK, ran it three times from the start on accelerated time and could not get a sea king to go any further than 350km from Mount Pleasant. They all returned to base no problem.

Not sure what might have happened, but I can't even force it to break.
76mm

Post by 76mm »

I don't have any earlier saves.

I didn't open the editor or teleport anything. Again, I had it on a patrol mission near Mount Pleasant, deleted the mission while it was in the air, selected the helo and told it to RTB--next thing I knew it was in the mid-Atlantic...

Bermuda-triangle type stuff...
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

That's strange its way out of range and we can't really troubleshoot unless we have the original file. Let us know if it happens again and grab a file. We'll definitely take a look.

Mike

Return to “Tech Support”