Any news on the 1.08 patch?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

KWG

RE: Any news on the 1.08 patch?

Post by KWG »

Have not played in a few months..... new German armored cars/halftracks maybe?

where are all those new funky colors?[8D]

"A word was said - a mare is standing by the fence."
schascha

Post by schascha »

ORIGINAL: morvael

Sorry, it'n not a feature of 1.08, that's only because it's an AI vs AI game and AI doesn't suffere these penalties.

AH OK

I didn't know that
tancred41

Post by tancred41 »

Is that the new official map or a mod ??
Eambar

Post by Eambar »

ORIGINAL: tancred41

Is that the new official map or a mod ??

It looks like Jison's map mod, located here:

tm.asp?m=3327255

Cheers,

tancred41

Post by tancred41 »

Aha ! Thank you !
GamesaurusRex

Post by GamesaurusRex »

Morvael, you're a GOD OF GAMES ! Thanks for all the work.
"Real Life" is a game... THIS is war !
PS Pita

Post by PS Pita »

It is imminent, I can feel the release happening; it will be any time.. NOW....,
....NOW...nope...NOW...

Can't wait to try(learn) the new rule system that everyone is testing at the moment and is already playing and adjusting and will be until it is right for everyone and everyone agrees which is at an indefinite time.

Any time now I guess or maybe December when WITW is released.

No really I feel it will be sometime this week[8|]
PS Pita

Post by PS Pita »

^
Okay, so looks like I was wrong about last week.

I'm guessing there are a few H2H games that have been going on as they are testing the new beta. Hows it all coming along...or is it?
morvael

Post by morvael »

The patch is ready and it's now in the hands of 2by3 and Matrix. I just got an email from Joel, where he says they hope to launch it in the next 2 weeks. [:)]
821Bobo

Post by 821Bobo »

Nice, but why another 2 weeks? Some more internal testing?
morvael

Post by morvael »

Companies have other commitments, deadlines, marketing schedules, that kind of things. Not directly related to producing the patch :)
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

translation, 2x3 has WITW almost ready and when that's finished they will get around to the .08 patch when they feel like it.

Evidence in "two weeks" everything but marketing will be done on WITW then one month of hype, the proof is the use of the words marketing schedules.

maybe somebody could tell me why the same guys who sold us the wite fiasco will do any different with witw.

Ps one can play wite with necessary work arounds, i do, still not a decent product
morvael

Post by morvael »

It's not their fault that it took me so long to prepare 1.08 and that they are busy now with other things, so please don't start any flame wars now. WitE is a fine game, not "fiasco".
edit: and the words about possible causes are mine, private, not related with what 2by3 and Matrix are really doing.
821Bobo

Post by 821Bobo »

I am playing WitE from release, sure its not perfect but still the best you can get on the market. Calling it "not a decent product" is not worth commenting.
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

ok fellas have it your way and after this i will shut up. Fine product = no bugs. Decent product = lots of sales.
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: charlie0311

translation, 2x3 has WITW almost ready and when that's finished they will get around to the .08 patch when they feel like it.

Evidence in "two weeks" everything but marketing will be done on WITW then one month of hype, the proof is the use of the words marketing schedules.

maybe somebody could tell me why the same guys who sold us the wite fiasco will do any different with witw.

Ps one can play wite with necessary work arounds, i do, still not a decent product

Stupid or ignorant is a better word.

2by3 is a small company making huge games that require public testing, because there is simply no way a small
company can figure out all the exploits and balancing issues the likes of Bomazz, sapper, MT, myself and others have found over the last 2 yrs.

Nothing comes close to WitP or WitE nothing to-date.

Allot of exploits, bugs, coding errors ect ect from WitE have been removed from WitW. Sure there will be some issues but far less then WitE.
2by3 learns from past mistakes.

No one has whined and bitched nearly as much as I have ( not close ) about WitE and 2by3, but over and over 2by3 has
addressed balancing and other issues with up-dates and patches. Sure not as fast a whining btchs like you and I want, but it will get done when its done.

2by3 is not perfect by any means, but once they release a product they back it up with improvements unlike most gaming companys.
The product over time becomes as close to perfect as humanly possible.
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

Said I would shut up but calling me stupid and ignorant calls for a response.

where would wite be without Morveal, back at .11, that's where. 2x3 had "moved on" that's their own words. I don't know how witw will turn out yet, natch.

Now I will shut up if you can stop insulting me.
SuluSea

Post by SuluSea »

ORIGINAL: morvael

The patch is ready and it's now in the hands of 2by3 and Matrix. I just got an email from Joel, where he says they hope to launch it in the next 2 weeks. [:)]

Awesome news. Much thanks are in order for all your hard work and time invested!!!
"There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself.” ~ Erwin Lutzer
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

I have found secret video of charlie0311 after he heard 2by3 was not releasing .8 for several weeks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YersIyzsOpc
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
PS Pita

Post by PS Pita »

Well thanks for letting us know. But two weeks; just to submit a file for download! I don't see how this is necessary. "commitments, "Marketing...Yes I know all about this rigmarole, I work for a large corporation. Lots of stuff we have to do that we all know we really don't have to do.

That said at least it won't be much longer.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”