Special Base Forces

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

PresterJohn001

Special Base Forces

Post by PresterJohn001 »

You only get a limited number of these valuable units. With a historical expansion limit, where do you put them?

Bit of a dilema, need to use them, but don't want them bypassed. Every place i think of i can see a way past it. Think i have a bit of analysis paralysis here!
memento mori
mind_messing

RE: Special Base Forces

Post by mind_messing »

Somewhere that you'll need naval and aviation support that runs the risk of being bombarded or invaded.
PresterJohn001

Post by PresterJohn001 »

ORIGINAL: mind_messing

Somewhere that you'll need naval and aviation support that runs the risk of being bombarded or invaded.

Lots of places meet those criteria ! Keep looking at the Marshalls but too many places. Wake, too isolated. Eniwetok maybe. Guadalcanal. Port Blair ?

memento mori
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

ORIGINAL: PresterJohn

ORIGINAL: mind_messing

Lots of places meet those criteria ! Keep looking at the Marshalls but too many places. Wake, too isolated. Eniwetok maybe. Guadalcanal. Port Blair ?

Too many places, too few troops. So, that said I think (and what I hope to be able to do eventually) maybe Japan should look for places from which she can counterpunch. Pick a base in an area and build it up as a counter attack base. If the Allies see this they might choose it as their strike target, which is what I would want any way as it would be my strongest point. If not its my counter attack base. Something like that anyway.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”