No North Africa scenarios?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

Tzar007

No North Africa scenarios?

Post by Tzar007 »

Judging from the scenario description list, I assume there will be no North Africa-related scenarios?
SuluSea

RE: No North Africa scenarios?

Post by SuluSea »

From this thread...

it looks like North Africa is planned for the future.

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

Our next game will be War in the West 43-45 which will be the same scale as WitE and will include a more robust air game with the land campaigns and strategic bombing. After that we plan on War in the West 40 (which will include Norway, France, England and the Med, and add a new detailed naval system) and War in the West 41-42 which will focus on the Med. War in the West 43-45 will have campaigns that start in the summer of 43 and the summer of 44, as well as shorter scenarios. We have an alpha map for all of Europe (including the Soviet Union to east of the Urals), North Africa and the Middle East). We plan to use this map to eventually produce a WitE 2.0 which would fit in with the War in the West products and allow us to fill in a complete War in Europe. Of course, this will take many years.

Most of this information has been given out before in various forum posts, but I wanted to post this again to clear things up. I'm sure many of you have questions about the details, but I'd ask you hold those questions and let us focus on development. We'll give you more information in the future as we move along in development and you'll have plenty of time to ask questions.
"There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself.” ~ Erwin Lutzer
RedLancer

Post by RedLancer »

ORIGINAL: Tzar007

Judging from the scenario description list, I assume there will be no North Africa-related scenarios?

Correct - the earliest scenario starts with Op Husky - the invasion of Sicily.
John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev
Fallschirmjager

Post by Fallschirmjager »

ORIGINAL: SuluSea

From this thread...

it looks like North Africa is planned for the future.

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

Our next game will be War in the West 43-45 which will be the same scale as WitE and will include a more robust air game with the land campaigns and strategic bombing. After that we plan on War in the West 40 (which will include Norway, France, England and the Med, and add a new detailed naval system) and War in the West 41-42 which will focus on the Med. War in the West 43-45 will have campaigns that start in the summer of 43 and the summer of 44, as well as shorter scenarios. We have an alpha map for all of Europe (including the Soviet Union to east of the Urals), North Africa and the Middle East). We plan to use this map to eventually produce a WitE 2.0 which would fit in with the War in the West products and allow us to fill in a complete War in Europe. Of course, this will take many years.

Most of this information has been given out before in various forum posts, but I wanted to post this again to clear things up. I'm sure many of you have questions about the details, but I'd ask you hold those questions and let us focus on development. We'll give you more information in the future as we move along in development and you'll have plenty of time to ask questions.

Will the Med game be like WitE/WitW or more like War in the Pacific?
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

Our game will be more like WitE/WitW. There is always a possbility that another game might develop that is more like WitP, but that's not what we are planning.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

War in the West starts just after North Africa. When you invade Sicily/Italy you're launching troops from the North African coast. As a result, it's on the map but doesn't play a major role. Going earlier would also require =even more resolution on the naval side, which is a task for another release.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Tzar007

Post by Tzar007 »

Thanks Erik for this clarification. Agreed that North Africa scenarios would require development of a more robust and detailed naval operations model. I can understand this will require a release by itself.
RJL5188

Post by RJL5188 »

i think you just make "War in the Desert: The Struggle for North Africa" after you take care of the European continent...
"Remember. This is a military operation. They NEVER go according to plan." ---Gen. Beck to Col. Stauffenberg (VALKYRIE)

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”