Essential Mods and Scenarios

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

mashkis

Essential Mods and Scenarios

Post by mashkis »

Newbie here.

What are the best graphical and AI mods for ATG?

The same for scenarios?

Thank you.
danlongman

RE: Essential Mods and Scenarios

Post by danlongman »

I really like Nato symbols. I do not like my engineers to look like hockey players. ( I am Canadian).
I much prefer enhanced supply.
I like big random games.
"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Lancer's Enhanced Mod Suite: It is the best all around mod available in this ATG gamer's opinion.

Main screen mod: tm.asp?m=3396271. Changes the buttons on your ATG main screen.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

ORIGINAL: Webizen

Lancer's Enhanced Mod Suite is a must.
No it isn't )
Favoritism is alive and well here.
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

Can't get Lancer's Enhanced Mod Suite to work right with v220c? Am I doing something wrong?
JRR
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

If works fine with v2.20c except that it does not support tank models. What exactly isn't working for you?
ORIGINAL: baloo7777

Can't get Lancer's Enhanced Mod Suite to work right with v220c? Am I doing something wrong?
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Ormand's mod is worth a look as well: tm.asp?m=3642658. Be advised this mod plays differently than standard ATG. It is still ATG but the mod changes quite a few things.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Ormand

Post by Ormand »

Kind of back here after some other adventures. Just a correction to Webizen's plug on my behalf. Yes, there are two "new" mods in the package that alter the structure of units: Regiments to make units look a little more like Decisive Campaigns with platoon sized SFT's, and Divisions, with company sized SFT's. However, there are also three at2 files that are just a replacement of graphics for standard ATG, namely ATG, New Dawn, and New Dawn with tank models. You can select any one of these with the mod file provided.
One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork -- Edward Abbey
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

ORIGINAL: Ormand

Kind of back here after some other adventures. Just a correction to Webizen's plug on my behalf. Yes, there are two "new" mods in the package that alter the structure of units: Regiments to make units look a little more like Decisive Campaigns with platoon sized SFT's, and Divisions, with company sized SFT's. However, there are also three at2 files that are just a replacement of graphics for standard ATG, namely ATG, New Dawn, and New Dawn with tank models. You can select any one of these with the mod file provided.
In the Div 2 file you did not link self propelled art II to III for upgrade it is linked to itself. And one can not build roads into forests, looks like just light forests were not allowed for not sure haven't tested it yet.
mashkis

Post by mashkis »

Thank you all for you input.
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

ORIGINAL: Webizen

If works fine with v2.20c except that it does not support tank models. What exactly isn't working for you?
ORIGINAL: baloo7777

OK. Not able to make my own design light tanks with the mod. Not sure it's that important now. Seems like I spend a lot and not sure of effort. Enhanced mod seems more important. Did not realize I had it installed correctly, just no new tank design.
JRR
Ormand

Post by Ormand »

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

In the Div 2 file you did not link self propelled art II to III for upgrade it is linked to itself. And one can not build roads into forests, looks like just light forests were not allowed for not sure haven't tested it yet.

Hi Twotribes, Yes, I missed roads in light forests. But, the version I have on my disk doesn't have the problem with SPA.

I am, however, making some modifications to this that I hope to have out by the end of the weekend. I am trying to improve the city and suburb edges so that they aren't so hard edge (not as nice as they could be). I have renormalized some units, specifically artillery attack and defend power, which I think were too high. I am also adding a few SFTs. Three levels of coastal artillery, light infantry and mobilization via bicycles and motorcycles. I changed the weights a bit so that normal infantry units have a wight of 2, and light infantry has a weight of 1. The light infantry can be mobilized by bicycle and motorcycle. Bicycle will be a new movement type (coastal artillery has a new one too as in static) that moves like foot in all terrains and 50% of wheel along roads. Motorcycle will be a wheeled movement type, but 20% faster and will have greater recon capabilities. These are being introduced to give more flavor and the ability to model some historical units (for example, bicycles were used by the Japanese at Singapore and the Italians in Sicily). Coastal artillery will be very heavy and have no movement (actually cost 9999 AP to move anywhere) but can be transported via rail (can't stop this). They will have good artillery against ships, but not against much else. So, they can't really be used on land targets.

The plan is to put a "patch" up on the site that just adds the new stuff, and then replace all other files. Hopefully, the patch will be sufficient if you already have it installed (i.e., I don't screw something up).
One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork -- Edward Abbey
Strategiusz

Post by Strategiusz »

For me the best mod is hardcore production mod. But this is not a gui/ai/scenario mod.
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

Hi Twotribes, Yes, I missed roads in light forests. But, the version I have on my disk doesn't have the problem with SPA.

I am, however, making some modifications to this that I hope to have out by the end of the weekend. I am trying to improve the city and suburb edges so that they aren't so hard edge (not as nice as they could be). I have renormalized some units, specifically artillery attack and defend power, which I think were too high. I am also adding a few SFTs. Three levels of coastal artillery, light infantry and mobilization via bicycles and motorcycles. I changed the weights a bit so that normal infantry units have a wight of 2, and light infantry has a weight of 1. The light infantry can be mobilized by bicycle and motorcycle. Bicycle will be a new movement type (coastal artillery has a new one too as in static) that moves like foot in all terrains and 50% of wheel along roads. Motorcycle will be a wheeled movement type, but 20% faster and will have greater recon capabilities. These are being introduced to give more flavor and the ability to model some historical units (for example, bicycles were used by the Japanese at Singapore and the Italians in Sicily). Coastal artillery will be very heavy and have no movement (actually cost 9999 AP to move anywhere) but can be transported via rail (can't stop this). They will have good artillery against ships, but not against much else. So, they can't really be used on land targets.

The plan is to put a "patch" up on the site that just adds the new stuff, and then replace all other files. Hopefully, the patch will be sufficient if you already have it installed (i.e., I don't screw something up).
You are aware that you set Halftracks to only lift 1 right? So if you change Rifle weights you need to adjust halftracks as well.
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

Check halftracks I may have meant halftracks, in fact I am pretty sure it was halftracks that do not upgrade from 2 to 3.
Ormand

Post by Ormand »

Yep, you're right. I'll fix that. Hopefully out this weekend.
Ormand

Post by Ormand »

I put the "patch" and new versions of the files on the Community site. Hopefully, I didn't make mistakes in it. Description is here: tm.asp?m=3642658&mpage=3&key=

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”