Production Problem?

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

warspite1

RE: Production Problem?

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Orm

ORIGINAL: warspite1

The saved build points are saved in cities that may not use all of the BPs saved there. Only two BPs may be used in Dresden and only two as well in Leipzig. So three BPs must be saved for next turn and are not available for production this turn.

So MWIF counts this correctly.

RAC: 13.6.8 Saving build points
You may save build points you did not spend in the production step. Use build point markers to show how
many build points are being saved.
You may save only 4 build points in each city or port (cumulative) in your major power’s home country (any
Commonwealth home country) and double these limits in your major power’s capital (e.g. The Commonwealth can
save 16 build points (4 x 4) in London). This is in addition to saved oil (see 13.5.1).
In a later production step, you can remove those build points from the map and add them to your build point
total. You may spend any number saved at your capital. No more than 1 saved build point may be consumed per turn
from each other city, useable factory and port
(e.g. you can spend 4 saved build points on production in New York
and unlimited in Moscow each turn).
warspite1

Okay thanks - red print eh? [:D]

Right so this still leaves a couple or more queries as to what has happened here - not least changing values!

I think the best thing is to play on with the AAR and then at the next production step I can layout exactly what is happening (with pictures) at each and every step. I will save BP's, lend BP's etc to try and ensure we have all possibilities covered.
As I understand it you can solve this at production planning by railing the BP's that can't be used to cities where they can be used.
warspite1

Yes I presumably can just save 1 BP in each city rather than be lazy and place 4 in each.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Orm

Post by Orm »

warspite1

Orm I've done a search of RAC but I cannot see where the Soviet Union has to supply Germany with the resource once conquered.

Finland has been conquered by the USSR - the number of resources that the USSR gives Germany has reduced by 1 (because Germany aligned Finland) but now that USSR has conquered Finland, isn't that Finnish resource Soviet?

Can you confirm please?
You have misunderstood me. Or I said it wrong.

The Finnish resource is a USSR resource and available for Soviet production.

However, as part of the trade agreement, USSR send the Finnish resource to Germany. But this is stopped because of the partisan so the traded (Finnish) resource can't reach Germany. Since USSR must deliver the resources to Germany MWIF solves this by sending one additional resource to Germany. So on Germany's production planning there is one resource to many traded from USSR.

I didn't get around to examine if there was more yesterday since the football began.
warspite1

I think this is a bug. The Soviets should send 7 resources to Germany. They reduce this to 6 because of Finnish alignment. These 6 are being sent and received no problem.

The Finnish resource should no longer be going to Germany - and does not need to as part of the trade agreement in place (which, as you say, must be complied with).

The program seems to have neglected the fact that Finland has been conquered.
No. I checked. That was why I wanted the save from the partisan step. I checked what happened if I placed the partisan elsewhere where it did not interfere with the resource. The result was that the Finnish resource went to Germany and one less of the other USSR resources went to Germany. Hence my conclusion was that MWIF wants to send the Finnish resource as a USSR resource to Germany. When that fails it selects another USSR resource that go to Germany.

If needed I could make a screenshot so you see the difference.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Orm

Post by Orm »

warspite1

Okay thanks - red print eh? [:D]

Right so this still leaves a couple or more queries as to what has happened here - not least changing values!

I think the best thing is to play on with the AAR and then at the next production step I can layout exactly what is happening (with pictures) at each and every step. I will save BP's, lend BP's etc to try and ensure we have all possibilities covered.
As I understand it you can solve this at production planning by railing the BP's that can't be used to cities where they can be used.
warspite1

Yes I presumably can just save 1 BP in each city rather than be lazy and place 4 in each.
Or you can save up to 8 BPs in Berlin.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

You have misunderstood me. Or I said it wrong.

The Finnish resource is a USSR resource and available for Soviet production.

However, as part of the trade agreement, USSR send the Finnish resource to Germany. But this is stopped because of the partisan so the traded (Finnish) resource can't reach Germany. Since USSR must deliver the resources to Germany MWIF solves this by sending one additional resource to Germany. So on Germany's production planning there is one resource to many traded from USSR.

I didn't get around to examine if there was more yesterday since the football began.
warspite1

I think this is a bug. The Soviets should send 7 resources to Germany. They reduce this to 6 because of Finnish alignment. These 6 are being sent and received no problem.

The Finnish resource should no longer be going to Germany - and does not need to as part of the trade agreement in place (which, as you say, must be complied with).

The program seems to have neglected the fact that Finland has been conquered.
No. I checked. That was why I wanted the save from the partisan step. I checked what happened if I placed the partisan elsewhere where it did not interfere with the resource. The result was that the Finnish resource went to Germany and one less of the other USSR resources went to Germany. Hence my conclusion was that MWIF wants to send the Finnish resource as a USSR resource to Germany. When that fails it selects another USSR resource that go to Germany.

If needed I could make a screenshot so you see the difference.
warspite1

Good spot. So the easiest thing would be for Steve just to make the 7 resources from the USSR originate from far out of the way places where they are never likely to be troubled.

Orm

Post by Orm »

Or MWIF could solve this so that when a traded resource is blocked from reaching the designated country and MWIF replace the resource with another then the original (blocked) resource could revert back from its traded status.
Extraneous

Post by Extraneous »

While we are at it is Paris held by the Axis?

5.1 Trade agreements

Spain
While Paris is Axis controlled, a neutral Spain must supply Germany with 1 resource a turn.

University of Science Music and Culture (USMC) class of 71 and 72 ~ Extraneous (AKA Mziln)
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Extraneous

While we are at it is Paris held by the Axis?
5.1 Trade agreements

Spain
While Paris is Axis controlled, a neutral Spain must supply Germany with 1 resource a turn.

Warspite1

Have a look at AARseV. France is conquered by Germany and they are at war with Spain.

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Right to further to Post 37, the May/Jun 1941 turn is about to start.

This is the situation for Germany:

As discussed above, this is slightly false in that under Trade Received the Finnish resource is being counted (albeit in the detail it is shown as being lost so the net effect is correct).

Trade Received
USSR 6*
Sweden 3
Hungary 1
Turkey 1
Romania 2 = Total 13 (Trade Received) Note: the three showing as Convoyed come from Sweden and should show as Trade Received.

Original
Germany 9
Austria 1
Czech 1

Captured
Belgium 1
France 5*
Poland 2 = Total 19 (Controlled)

Grand Total = 32

* France = 6 - 1 (Italian)
* USSR = 7 - 1 (Finnish Alignment)

From the 32, 5 resources are being lent to Italy.

That leaves 27 that require factories to turn them into build points.

2 Build points are sent to the USSR under a Trade Agreement

3 Build points have been saved.

So the Germans should have 28 at the end of this turn.
Attachments
aaaa.jpg
aaaa.jpg (78.34 KiB) Viewed 60 times

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Here are the three saved build points (shown as Saved at Start on the Production Summary above) all three of which will be available for use next turn:

Attachments
aaaa.jpg
aaaa.jpg (485.58 KiB) Viewed 60 times

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Here are the five resources being sent to Italy by Germany:

Attachments
aaaa.jpg
aaaa.jpg (390.49 KiB) Viewed 60 times

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Here are the 9 Trade Received

Attachments
aaaa.jpg
aaaa.jpg (242.22 KiB) Viewed 60 times

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

...and the 4 Oil Trade Received

Attachments
aaaa.jpg
aaaa.jpg (192.25 KiB) Viewed 60 times

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Finally for the Germans we have the Controlled Oil and the Controlled Non-oil

Attachments
aaaa.jpg
aaaa.jpg (175.19 KiB) Viewed 60 times

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Attachments
aaaa.jpg
aaaa.jpg (148.6 KiB) Viewed 61 times

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Just for the sake of completeness we have the factories

Attachments
aaaa.jpg
aaaa.jpg (159.06 KiB) Viewed 60 times

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Here is the summary for Italy. Essentially there are:

4 Italian resources (incl Sardinia)
1 Romanian (Trade Agreement)
1 French (Captured)
5 German (Trade Agreement)

= 11 (But there is no convoy to Sardinia) so currently 10 resources going to factories.

The Italians have 11 factories with 1 idle.

Attachments
aaaa.jpg
aaaa.jpg (418.25 KiB) Viewed 60 times

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Right so that is the position at the start of May/Jun 1941.

Hopefully all we work through come the end of the turn.

Orm

Post by Orm »

So does all look as it should? Is there something I should notice?
Extraneous

Post by Extraneous »

The "Resources and Summary and Detals" screen looks correct since you are at war with Spain.

University of Science Music and Culture (USMC) class of 71 and 72 ~ Extraneous (AKA Mziln)
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

So does all look as it should? Is there something I should notice?
warspite1

No I think that all is as it should be at this point - although there are two areas that could be presented better to avoid confusion for idiots like me:

a) As we have discussed, the Finnish resource should not be included in the Trade Received - this is just confusing. It makes it seem like Germany is entitled to 14 resources under Trade Agreements. They are not - they are entitled to 13 (as I identify in my breakdown).
b) Furthermore, the 3 convoyed resources are Trade Received and included in that total Trade Received figure.

The reason for setting this out is that I want to make sure what was reading at the start of the turn and what is recorded at the end. As you know, at one point in that last turn, only 4 Italian Trade showed and not 5. I want to ensure that does not happen this time. I will try and ensure that the Sardinian resource has a convoy too, so that all eleven Italian factories are producing.

I will ensure that the Germans save 4 BP's in one - one factory - city (I will do the same for the Soviets to even things up), to ensure the saved BP is working as per the rule that you pointed out.

Return to “World in Flames”