Cant play LSA on Windows 8

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
Acehole

RE: Cant play LSA on Windows 8

Post by Acehole »

Thanks for answer , i re-install for trial all the series of CC and post the result soon ...
WoT

Post by WoT »

I think windowed mode is one of the best improvements to this game..

Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

Yes, most of the older version of Close Combat will have the same problem on Windows 8. Windows 8 does not fully support DirectX full screen mode with 16-bit color. The most reliable work around at present is to play in Windowed mode.

Our latest releases (Panthers in the Fog, Gateway to Caen) use 32-bit color modes and should be fine on Windows 8 in full screen mode.

Steve

Does Matrix have any plan to update the Matrix "older" Close Combat releases that are still being sold to run full screen in Windows 8.x???
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Current information on the Windows 8 issue is that this would require converting the old games to 32-bit color. There are no plans for that at the present time, but the issue has been discussed.

Steve
pvthudson01

Post by pvthudson01 »

I was able to get it to work with the REG patch (win 8 64 bit here) and then in game I set it to my desktop resolution and full screen, exited out and restarted. Also you can RIGHT CLICK the EXE and have win 8 fix the compatibility but it will look funky until you apply that REG patch
Matrix Member since 2003!
Acehole

RE: Cant play LSA on Windows 8 ? yes we can !!!!

Post by Acehole »

Finally,i find an easy way to play "road to Arnhem " full screen (work also for "the longest day " and "watch am rein") on windows 8/8.1/10 !!!! first , put the game in windowed mode , and before to launch , hide the task bar (yes) and voila ! you play CC in full screen (but windowed) . I find that by chance but it work for me on the three last Windows , no explanation for that but it work !!!! enjoy it ,as me ,to play without distracting windows bar . By the way , i use an utility name "Taskbar control" with an hotkey before to launch the game .....
Raindog101

Post by Raindog101 »

I think if Matrix is going to keep selling these games they probably should be patched to work with win8 or 10.
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

ORIGINAL: Old Eagle101

I think if Matrix is going to keep selling these games they probably should be patched to work with win8 or 10.

I agree 100% with your comment.

While I like that windowed mode was added, it is nice when trying to do multiple things at the same time, but there is a down side to it; the 800x600 hard coded menu screens can no longer be automatically doubled in size to 1600x1200 which makes them less readable.

Return to “Tech Support”