Archei 47 empire game

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Jeeves

Archei 47 empire game

Post by Jeeves »

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1p7si ... Beyond.zip

Has 3 save games totaling about a hundred megabytes which you might want to check. I verified that it is compatible with the latest patch 9 of distant worlds and the latest beyond extended universe patch. I screwed up my expansion the first time around and am going to start over from day one today.

Some helpful hints :

1) Rather than building construction yards at home which will use up your resources and cash, build colony ships and colonize the independents. Queue ahead on your build, it takes about 72 days to build before Bakuras, 24 days with it. You will have chronic resource shortages, but if you queue ahead on builds then there will be a continuous flow of resources arriving at your home, so things WILL get built. One of the mistakes I made was deciding to try not buying except when I had enough resources in stock... But then when I DID buy, the civilians would make a huge purchase and screw me over so that I would have to wait for colony construction to complete. One time that was a SIX MONTH WAIT.

2) Save your cash for crash researching to get to the Bakuras shipyard and buy it.

3) Build some extremely cheap explorers to go from system to system very quickly to just get the map names so you can sell it to other empires. Dozens of explorers slowly creeping across the map explore faster than waiting for the fast warp drive to be researched.

4) The explorers you are issued will be enough to get you contact with other empires to start trading, but you need some tech to sell them so you can get your money back from the cash you give them to improve relations. So research the very cheap techs, crashing as soon as your cash flow permits. Sell for at least half of the market value of tech, and three quarters or better of your galaxy map.

5) You want to conquer the Quameno, Wekkarus, Paratis, Riktoh, Keskudon, and Haakonish, in that order. Don't buy their racial techs (except for Riktoh). What you do is give them a million or so cash a year in advance of your invasion (except for Riktoh) so that they will buy tons of ships at their homeworld. Then you can retire the ships as they build to get scrap tech.

6) Buy racial tech from Kiadian, Ugnari, Zenox, Riktoh, Such Dos, Lipid, Banoserit, Tairoshan, Ortain, Caleph, and of course Ikkuro. Once you have the super luxuries mined to trade, you can also buy the Dhayut, Sluken, and Mortalen racials... It would be best to get free trade agreements very early in the game, as soon as they are possible, so that the value of sanctioning an empire is high enough to trade for a racial. You can buy your way out of a sold war if necessary for under a million in cash and tech, then get your money back from gift giving to fix relations by selling tech.

7) Don't be lazy, trade with all empires at least every 76 days, on the tech cycle following civilian ship buying.
Get all their cash if possible, but don't sell the cheapest techs except when you have learned one which requires it. The first tech you sell an empire in a session should get at least 90 percent of the available cash, THEN sell a cheap tech to squeeze the last cash out, provided you can get 50%. One of the things to keep in mind is that all empires show less cash on the first trade than they actually have. A good rule of thumb when deciding what to sell first is to add 20 percent to the amount shown. Then you might sell three medium to cheap techs rather than one expensive and one cheap...

8) If you can sell your galaxy map update for a good chuck of cash, you might as well do it. If you sell a map update to an empire with allies, immediately do trading with all in the alliance, otherwise the rest of the alliance will get the map update for free next day. There will be a lot of map sharing between allied empires by the fifth year, so the map definitely has a shelf life...

9) In this game first time around, I decided to see what effect ignoring ruins and not repairing wrecks had on my progress. The answer is that it had an extremely negative impact. Always explore ruins and repair wrecks!

10) See : tm.asp?m=3709507

11) You can progress MUCH faster at your independents you colonize or conquer if you will just send a constructor to build a defense base with recreation and medical or lipid host and commerce center at the colony before the colony is acquired. A hint about races that are hostile : it will take at least three years and maybe five before they will be over their anger and start recruiting, and even then they will recruit slowly. So you MUST be prepared to garrison them, leaving behind at least five troops, one armor, one special, and one planetary defense unit. So each troop ship should carry at least capacity 16 of troops.

12) You can train up troops to be cloned by suppressing revolts at hostile population colonies and destroying pirate bases at your colonies as usual. One thing I just learned about hostile populations is that the queue for building does not advance to begin construction if the colony is refusing to pay taxes or fighting me. So what you do to get the queue to advance is send a ship to your colony with troops to train, and load troops from the colony onto it, leaving just the pdu, armor, and special. Soon enough the colony will revolt, with troops to fight you. Land your troops then and suppress the revolt. As soon as the revolt suppresses, the queue should advance (within 6 days). Then leave the garrison troops behind and load your best troops to train for work at the next problem colony.

13) At 15 colony ships per year with Bakuras, your homeworld will build much faster than your civilians will be able to afford buying ships. So top priority is to get mining starbases built on the special luxuries so you can get income from the other empires buying super luxuries at 100 to 600 per unit. The only super luxury worlds you should colonize are the swamp Loros fruit ones, so that you can enable trading them, making even the dark alliance empires delighted. Which would you rather have, a mine at 3.3 to 7.0 on Yaras or 100-600 on Zentabia? The answer is a no brainer!

14)Your homeworld builds colony ships, your colonies build constructors until you have at least 200. You should never give away or retire a constructor, since even the oldest ones can be used to build mines near your spaceport systems. You should NOT build a spaceport within 3000k of another one if you use state mining ships. For state steel miners I use cargo capacity of about 3k-4k. For state miners which are a mining AND luxury extractor, 5-6k. For state gas miners cargo about 12-20. For universal miners with all three extraction types, use about 7-10k. Universals are better for getting ice colony luxuries than putting a luxury extractor on a gas miner. I just figured that out DUH.

15) Don't waste your homeworld's and spaceport colony build queue time on building defense bases, just send a constructor to the planet and right click on the planet to bring up the build menu. Select build defense base... I found that a size absolute of 35 or so works best. I wouldn't bother upgrading old defense bases using the colony build queue time early in the game, but definitely upgrade all of them once you have all tech. If you really want defenses, add more warships to the defense fleet. At the home a size over 1000 ship builds in under 3 weeks, resources permitting of course.

16) You might as well tax the homeworld until it get luxuries in stock enough to start growing. But don't tax it after that. To control population and keep it below four homeworlds worth (118 billion), you might want to tax large colonies, but you'll take a hit on troop recruitment if you do that...

17) Those Boskara near home are good for training troops and claiming territory and otherwise not worth a damn before year nine...

18) There are enough Riktoh to conquer to get the full racial bonus when their home is taken, but not enough Such-Dos, so that's why I recommend conquering the Riktoh independents. You also need to conquer all dark alliance independents to keep them out of enemy hands. There are also more population of Paratis than Ketarovs, same situation as Riktoh...

17) Top priority for colonization early on is to get the independents of your own race so they can recruit troops to be used for conquering independents. As soon as you find them colonize the special ruins, except fortress of Torak, which you should reserve for a Laaran colony ship. They are the best troop cost in this mod, and by the time you can build a colony ship at a big independent of them, you will have Strategic Supremacy so that when fortress Torak builds a troop academy, it will be your strongest attack value troop. You should colonize to CONTROL, (preferably near enough to claim, but not actually inside the same system) all super luxury planets. That way you prevent them from being colonized. Once you have control, you can buy any mining base built on them and start sending constructors to build mining star-bases.

18) Once you have colonized for all friendly independents, special ruins, and super luxuries, your top priority is colonization of good worlds that control independents you'll conquer, to prevent someone else from acquiring them. I had an elaborate two year plan made up a few days ago, but replaying will probably make it worthless. One thing to keep in mind is that a small independent that is not dark alliance might be worth having to recruit clones, but I wouldn't take too many for that purpose until all racial bonuses have been acquired. The thing to do is control for later conquest!...

19) If you build a colony ship at a hostile race colony, have a troop ship ready to accompany it and land troops as soon as the colony plants.

20) Always defend your colonies with at least one major ship, preferably both a cruiser and a carrier. Heavily defend your home system, it costs very little and your Bakuras shipyards homeworld is the wasp nest that makes your empire grow!

21) The Guardians don't give reputation improvement worth a damn, even for gifts of 700k, maybe one point or at most two. I gave them over a million a year whenever I had what I thought was too much cash. SPEND the cash you get from tech trading, don't horde it or give it to the guardians! That was my BIG mistake. Buy TONS of carriers and cruisers with a few fighter bays on them rather than lots of beams and torpedoes, at least until you have everybody above happy 72 or better. If you have too much firepower it will start an arms race, with the AI empires buying warships as soon as they have cash, depriving you of it and draining cash from the galactic economy on maintenance. Your leader provides super savings on maintenance so you can afford to have a fleet of 3+ warships per colony and 50 plus at the homeworld. For special colonies you should have at least ten major ships...

22) Only give gifts to any empire which has nothing listed for cash, because the reputation increase for a gift is usually zero if the empire receiving had cash. Whenever an empire calls you up, check to see if it has cash, usually they have none and it is an excellent time to give. Don't give unless you have enough to sell to get your money back. That way they'll constantly be short of cash and in need of a gift. The first time around I neglected gift giving except about once a year, and never rose above respectable. This time around I'm going for Heroic reputation!

Well that's about enough for this session. PLEASE do not post anything on the thread that shows the galaxy map. I'm about to start a thread in the AAR forum, link at
tm.asp?m=3714736

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay
Blackstork

RE: Archei 47 empire game

Post by Blackstork »

Great to see Beyond AAR. Unfortunately I am at holidays so I can't check up saves now. Do you play with tech trading? Was the game hard, and do you want restart it because of its complexity? I generally advise to keep tech trade off (for Beyond games at least) to keep the game challenging and balanced. There also alliance system which could be used for benefits using The Alliance alleged races as softeners in your wars and best guys to trade with.
Did you used IE AX characters and do you find extra ability to monitor enemy movements useful?
Would be interesting to see some screenshots and bit more expanded aar since I won't be able to open saves till 24.10
Cheers
Alien Immersion (WIP) : tm.asp?m=3651979
Beyond Extended Universe (WIP): tm.asp?m=3657646
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

I am still typing stuff in. The top post is for giving advice. I'll post screenshots in the AAR forum when I get around to it. Typing up info will take me a while...

Lonnie Courtney Clay
Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Ah I see , sorry to reacting too soon , I also updated my previous post with some more few questions.
Very interested to see the AAR parts! Cheers!
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

Okay the top post is done, about to start posting screenshots

Lonnie Courtney Clay
Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Hey mate
I noticed that you use not last version of beyond.
It seems that your version is a.6-a.62 since in a.63 I released Archei user interface and race bonuses/stats been tweaked a bit.
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

Hmm, did you mess with the build rate, perhaps reducing it? Anything else is fine with me...

Lonnie Courtney Clay
Edit : I just now upgraded from A.61 to A.62 but I'm confused about A.63, could you provide a link in the top post of your mod forum thread? I don't see one...
Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

It is there and its quite apparent. Its in top post under upgrade download. A.63 package includes a.62 and a.61 stuff so it could be installed over any of those versions including a.6 base.
The link marked as a.63 and have a.63 mark in its download link.
And a.63 didn't changed archei build speeds. Only espionage/science/many bonuses and few minor tweaks
A.63 have very big impact on zenox, teekan and mortalen races.
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

What I see is :

1. Download and Installation

1. Base Package
(changes rarely; current version: A.6, next version A.7)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5moca ... _Alpha.zip (1.72 GB)
2. Update Package
(changes frequently; current version: A.62, released 03.10.2014)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/o6ytk ... b/a.62.zip

That say .62, not .63!

Lonnie Courtney Clay
Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Excuse me. I messed some during holiday. Latest version is a.62 . If you updated a.61 to a.62 this will suffice. Its the a.62 which have all the changes I talked above including new designed extended pedia. Also you really should try gambling for XY IY leaders. They are rare but powerful providing construction speed/maintenance bonuses you seek more than regulars. http://i.imgur.com/DvFDkiv.png
Gertjan

Post by Gertjan »

Interesting and good ideas, some of which seem to me as exploiting some aspects of the game. Is that really necessary at higher difficult levels? Does the AI get bonuses at these levels?
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

They might not be NECESSARY, but I'm going to do them anyway! EVIL laugh!

Lonnie Courtney Clay
Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rcxgr ... eyond2.zip

Has the end of the third year on my second time around for this map. Things are quite different this time around! I just purchased the Sluken engine and redesigned everything. I'm ready to take a reputation hit from conquering two independents that have troop ships at the colony. I kept a close watch out for lost colonies this time and claimed two, about to claim another. Two others were claimed by the race that generated them. I colonized one Such-oos and conquered two... Like I said the game has progressed quite differently. I did not really take advantage of my knowledge of the map. As a matter of fact, I decided to use only the explorers I was issued and not find any special locations any sooner than I would have on a fresh map...

I had a build queue stall at the homeworld for about a year, but it is about to finally clear up...

Lonnie Courtney Clay
Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

Well my second time around ended in disaster when my civilians got millions by selling super luxuries and bought a thousand ships. File of saves is at :
http://www.mediafire.com/download/94gsz ... 2ndtry.zip

I also was dissatisfied again at how I had managed trading with other empires and my pace of expansion, so I started over for a third try, with file at :
http://www.mediafire.com/download/obmi3 ... 3rdtry.zip

It's the end of the fifth year, and I haven't started trading super luxuries yet, though I have mined several thousand units of them with state owned mining ships. Before I let the civilians make that huge ship purchase and bugger up my homeworld for a year or so, I want to build even more defense bases there ( I have 9 already ). I also want to build about a hundred more state gas miners and 50-100 capital ships. Maybe I should buy another 150 mining ships so I'll have the resources to build those things in a reasonable amount of time - like in the next game year? In any case I am able to afford all the ship purchases and crash research all techs through trading with other empires. Also I can get enough reputation from gift giving to enable me to conquer independents as fast as I have troops to garrison them. I get my money back in the same session as I give a gift by selling a tech or two. By keeping my cash balance low this time around, I've traded only a couple dozen techs to any empire, and often less. When I want an expensive tech like a racial one, I agree to sanction or even go to war in exchange for the tech, then make things right with the third party victim LOL...

Lonnie Courtney Clay
Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Ow. The game is challenging. thats good to hear. Sorry for your loss.
There btw Archei thing you can use for own benefit - All Archei admirals/ship have Ship Energy Savings as aviable 100% at defaul.
There more things that could be used from their arsenal to get upper hand in start of the game.
I'll check the 3rd once i will be at home.
:)
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

LOL you replied while I was editing. How much time do you spend on the forum every day? I just go online three times a week for a half hour or so...

Lonnie Courtney Clay
Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

I have subscription to forums threads, and i am have forum open on background while on job. Once there some new, i have email desktop notification, so it pops out that there new message. I alt tab quickly, reply, and continue my job :)
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

I played year six in one week! Amazing since there was a lot going on, but with 15 hours per day for 7 days, I guess it wasn't so fast after all LOL. Uploaded file is at :

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c1m32 ... rdtry2.zip

I captured the Ikkuro Loros fruit and Ylta Zentabia fluid mines to get super luxury trading going. The civilians bought 902 ships at the homeworld, and fast forwarding the game six months into year seven, most of the backlog clears up. I have so much cash that I can't spend it fast enough, and my reputation is going down due to rapid conquest without giving gifts. I have a troop ship on the way to conquer Korobbia. The technology archive opens in a couple of months, and I'll upload the file when I get it opened...

Lonnie Courtney Clay
Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rh62p ... Refuge.dwg

Has the biggest goodie box per game open, giving the big colony tech and best troops recruiting in the galaxy...

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Attachments
20141118_125903.jpg
20141118_125903.jpg (713.74 KiB) Viewed 360 times
Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

#2 : My civilians have finally caught up on buying ships, with cash enough left over to buy all the resources I need, provided I have freighter hulls built to ship them...

Attachments
20141118_125924.jpg
20141118_125924.jpg (782.01 KiB) Viewed 360 times
Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”