Why NO Wishlist?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Werewolf13

Why NO Wishlist?

Post by Werewolf13 »

Quite often I will discover Matrix games that interest me but that I don't want to purchase right then.

No wishlist.

So those products drop off my radar rarely to be revisited.

Seems to me a wishlist would be a great way for Matrix to make some extra sales.
Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress
aaatoysandmore

RE: Why NO Wishlist?

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: Werewolf1326

Quite often I will discover Matrix games that interest me but that I don't want to purchase right then.

No wishlist.

Seems to me a wishlist would be a great way for Matrix to make some extra sales.

Have you looked at their games on steam there should be a wishlist button for each one of them.
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

No wishlist.

Have you looked at their games on steam there should be a wishlist button for each one of them.
So in another thread you are railing about how terrible steam is and now you are promoting steam?how bizarre
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

And how would a wish list do that?

Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
wodin

Post by wodin »

Not sure they have enough of a back catalogue for a wish list..a place like Steam needs one but I can usually remember the games I like the look of here.
wings7

Post by wings7 »

No wishlist.

Excellent point, that would be a win-win for everybody! [:)] Today, with all the PC game choices we have, this would certainly be a gift for me!

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

You could make a recording on your voice phone or mail saying something like I'm too busy to answer right now because I'm waiting on so n so from Matrixgames. Thus telling your friends and family about great games as well. Or are you embarrassed about your hobby? [:'(]
rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

My hand is hurting so this will be a fraction of what I would like to say.

Create, in the "Members Club", the ability to fill in a database form with your game suggestions (wishes) choosing from various categories for scale, time period, specific wars etc plus a block for describing your game ideas.

Make this database accessible by anyone who could then "plus +" if they like the idea and possibly tag some of their own suggestions onto it.

Not like a forum... a searchable database of gamer's desires and suggestions... suitable for determining the extent of interest for something original like: ZULU! Tactical Combat in Africa (including a man to man Roarke's Drift). I assume some interaction with the regular forums as people promote their ideas to win "votes" for them.

Could be a great trove for data mining for Matrix and independent designers sitting out there thinking about their next game design project.

That's the brief presentation of the idea. What do you think?
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

Create, in the "Members Club", the ability to fill in a database form with your game suggestions (wishes) choosing from various categories for scale, time period, specific wars etc plus a block for describing your game ideas.

Make this database accessible by anyone who could then "plus +" if they like the idea and possibly tag some of their own suggestions onto it.

Not like a forum... a searchable database of gamer's desires and suggestions... suitable for determining the extent of interest for something original like: ZULU! Tactical Combat in Africa (including a man to man Roarke's Drift). I assume some interaction with the regular forums as people promote their ideas to win "votes" for them.

Could be a great trove for data mining for Matrix and independent designers sitting out there thinking about their next game design project.

Yeah and make it where it can have check boxes if someone wants to gift you a game off your wishlist![:)]
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

That's a great idea, I would definitely use it! [:)]

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Werewolf13

Post by Werewolf13 »

ORIGINAL: wodin

Not sure they have enough of a back catalogue for a wish list..a place like Steam needs one but I can usually remember the games I like the look of here.

Were that I could. Remember them I mean.

I'm 62 and the ole memory isn't what it used to be. 8 grandkids take up a lot of my time.

A wishlist would be a great convenience. There's been not a few times when I've reviewed my wishlist on STEAM over the years and said to myself - DAMN! I'd forgotten about that one and bought it.

Add to that I don't do early access stuff and my gut tells me that's going to come to Matrix eventually. Put that early access title in a wishlist and when it finally gets released it'll get noticed and probably bought if the forum chatter is positive.

Lots or reasons for a game publisher/seller to have a wishlist. Few downsides that I can think of.

But hey - I'm just trying to help out a publisher I like with an idea I thought would help to increase revenues.

Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress
PipFromSlitherine

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

It's already on our voluminous wishlist [:)] But good to know there is demand!

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

Return to “General Discussion”