Patrol vs Sea Control

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

LoBlo

Patrol vs Sea Control

Post by LoBlo »

Forgive me if this has been answered before. I couldn't find the answer in a search or in the manual. Does anyone know the difference in behavior of a 'patrol' mission vs a 'sea control' mission?

lb
edfathead

RE: Patrol vs Sea Control

Post by edfathead »

It is my understanding that "Patrol" will only search the surface where as "Sea Control" will search sub-surface also if capable.

I am sure it's all in the manual under "Mission editor". ;)
Win 8.1 (64)
i5 @3.5
24gb RAM
GTX 760 2gb
Jorgen_CAB

Post by Jorgen_CAB »

Isn't it so that Patrol is more meant for Air units while Sea Control is mostly for naval forces and perhaps helicopters?
LoBlo

Post by LoBlo »

ORIGINAL: edfathead

It is my understanding that "Patrol" will only search the surface where as "Sea Control" will search sub-surface also if capable.

Its not. I already checked. Unless there is an updated version of the manual available somewhere (the version I have doesn't include the feature).
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Correct. Units assigned to Sea Control missions will hunt surface and subsurface targets, ASuw chase surface and ASW chase submarines.

Mike
BradOrbital

Post by BradOrbital »

Edfathead is correct.

Sea Control effectively combines the targeting criteria of the ASuW-Naval and the ASW patrol. Units assigned to this patrol type will target anything on the sea surface and below it.

This is from the Addendum (new info added to the manual), I think it is in the FAQ area, also found on the warfaresims site, sorry, can't access another page at the moment.

Hope that helps.

edit: Beat me to it Mike! Didn't see your reply till I hit send :)
BradOrbital

Post by BradOrbital »

Here LoBlo, hope this helps: http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=2695

LoBlo

Post by LoBlo »

Thanks mikmyk and bradinggs.

cheers
edfathead

Post by edfathead »

ORIGINAL: LoBlo

ORIGINAL: edfathead

Its not. I already checked. Unless there is an updated version of the manual available somewhere (the version I have doesn't include the feature).

Sorry to upset you , I was just trying to help. I knew I had read it somewhere & presumed it was the Manual. I was at work so could not confirm at the time. Hope your Sea Patrols are running smoothly now.

:)

*** Moderator edit. No name calling!
Win 8.1 (64)
i5 @3.5
24gb RAM
GTX 760 2gb

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”