Anyone for a GD-1938 game?

Post here to meet players for MP games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderator: Vic

RufusTFirefly

RE: Anyone for a GD-1938 game?

Post by RufusTFirefly »

ORIGINAL: cpdeyoung

I would like GB/FR if that works.

Chuck

USSR - Bombur
USA/China - Vic
GB/FR - Chuck
??? - LJB
??? - Rufus

Dropped Larry a note, that I like to let him choose first.
We are playing ETO at the moment, one turn per day. So he should be arround.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Count me in could not miss another tilt at my favorite MOD
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

RufusTFirefly

Post by RufusTFirefly »

ORIGINAL: ironduke1955

No, no, no! [X(]
Lets squeeze him out. If Ironduke participates he will defeat us all. You cannt beat him. [:'(]

Got a note from Larry. He has some trouble to log in here. He told Japan would be a nice choice.

As there is one more volunteer now, I think I will bail out. I really like to play this game, it is great. But I guess I rushed in too quickly. Playing in another pbem of GD-1938, one of ETO and one of Ardennes, it might get too much. Or I might take USA in case Vic wants to keep his part small and play China only. So Tom, Axis would be ok for you (just in case we cannt squeeze you out [:D] )?

ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

RufusTFirefly [&o] Flatters to deceive, he is a firefly with quite a sting in his tail.
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: RufusTFirefly

No, no, no! [X(]
Lets squeeze him out. If Ironduke participates he will defeat us all. You cannt beat him. [:'(]

Got a note from Larry. He has some trouble to log in here. He told Japan would be a nice choice.

As there is one more volunteer now, I think I will bail out. I really like to play this game, it is great. But I guess I rushed in too quickly. Playing in another pbem of GD-1938, one of ETO and one of Ardennes, it might get too much. Or I might take USA in case Vic wants to keep his part small and play China only. So Tom, Axis would be ok for you (just in case we cannt squeeze you out [:D] )?

@Rufus,
Yes I would like to keep my part small.. I am a buisy guy :) I just want to get a feel for the game. What about I play China and you USA? If China gets completely rolled up I'll transfer my pass to you. (and the other way around I can give the same service. right. lol)

Best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

We have the players all we need is to declare preferences Germany and Italy would suit me fine.

RufusTFirefly

Post by RufusTFirefly »

Ok, so I will take USA.

@Vic: This would allow me to play in a more historical way. For game purpose normally one player takes China and USA. So he would support China once USA joins the war. But what if in our case USA is not interested in any support of a Red China? [;)] (Seriously: Hope you can keep China alive long enough that USA can support and give the Japanese a beating.)
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

We have so far unless we have shout outs not yet heard, I can start a Drop Box once the question marks are removed.

Germany/Italy Ironduke
Japan ?
Soviet Union Bombur
France/United Kingdom ?
China Vic
USA RufusTFirefly

cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

Germany/Italy Ironduke
Japan ?
Soviet Union Bombur
France/United Kingdom cpdeyoung
China Vic
USA RufusTFirefly

If someone would rather take GB/FR I would take Japan.

Chuck
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

I got the impression that Larry was playing Japan though I am not sure.

RufusTFirefly

Post by RufusTFirefly »

I got the impression that Larry was playing Japan though I am not sure.

Yes, thats what he told me.

Chuck, what about GB/ France? Do you prefer to play anything different or are you interested in Japan especially? May I send your eamil-adress to Larry, so he can contact you?
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

I e-mailed Larry he is happy to play Japan he has some experience of playing the Japanese. But he was keen to avoid the tougher and less forgiving area's of the map.

We have

Germany,Italy Ironduke
Japan Larry
Soviet Union Bombur
France,United Kingdom Cpdeyoung
China Vic
United States of America RufusTFirefly

I will start a dropbox and may the best German win (that will be RufusTfirefly[:)])

ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Dropbox invites sent out, except Vic I do not have the e-mail Address.

Game set up

FOW tick
pbem protection tick
passwords tick
Hide real time AI not ticked
Shroud not ticked
Shroud peak not ticked

Allied shared recon ?
Alt.Spanish Civil War ?
Domestic Research Bonus ?

Can I have preference on the last three before I set up

RufusTFirefly

Post by RufusTFirefly »

Allied shared recon ?
Alt.Spanish Civil War ?
Domestic Research Bonus ?

Can I have preference on the last three before I set up

My vote:
Yes.
No.
No.
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

Yes
No
Yes

Chuck
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

One yes one no [X(] please someone break the deadlock or call in the League of Nations

cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

Well, the only nation that does not hold its own capital is China, which is being played by the guy who gives us our updates ... so no!

Chuck
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Ok Larry has come back with a Yes no no. I will go with Yes no no. We have 3 to 1 with two votes not cast. Sorry RufusTFirefly yes no no seems to have it. I will play the first turn later today for the Germans and Italians. I am up to my neck concreting at the moment.

Vic

Post by Vic »

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
RufusTFirefly

Post by RufusTFirefly »

We have 3 to 1 with two votes not cast. Sorry RufusTFirefly yes no no seems to have it.

It was Chuck who voted Yes, No, Yes, while my vote was same as yours.

Hey, man, concentrate, please. You are playing the Germans and I expect you to win. Dont get confused before we started already. [:'(]

Return to “Opponents Wanted”