Some possible bugs to look at

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

colt6900

Some possible bugs to look at

Post by colt6900 »

Just to make sure you know what version I'm dealing with because the website has an earlier version displayed,
I'm using 1.06.1108r9

I'm playing the full version and I'm in the middle of February 42. Twice now I've had battleship and cruiser
suddenly appear with no warning even though I have both search planes and ASW planes blanketing the entire
area from Japan to Singapore including the Philippines.

The first time was the Prince of Wales plus a cruiser and destroyer appear on the east side of the Philippines
attacking one of my Japanese carriers. The only Allied territory that this task force could come from
would've been the Allied area around Singapore or Jakarta. However they were not cited until after they attack
a carrier group north of Mindanao. Even though that territory south of Mindanao to Jakarta has complete Japanese
occupation and search planes and a few ships that the allies have I been able to monitor most of the time.

I currently control all territory from the north tip of Japan south almost to Jakarta and West to the edge of
Pearl Harbor including Midway. Suddenly without any sightings from long-range aircraft and ASW
planes blanketing all approaches to Japan including the northern island of Japan a US cruiser light cruiser
one other ship suddenly appeared in the sea of Japanese two hexes west of hakodate. First attacking shipping
and then attempting to land troops on the Island. Again this is February 42 and I have complete control of
everything in the majority of the Pacific and currently putting Pearl Harbor under attack prior to invasion.

I thought you might want to know, if you need if you need some more information or data let me know how to send
it to you.
Alfred

RE: Some possible bugs to look at

Post by Alfred »

Why could the POW TF have only come from Singapore/Jakarta.  Sounds to me very much a most unjustified assumption with no facts to base it on.

Suggest your so called blanket search coverage area is not as good as you believe it to be.  Much depends on settings used, pilot quality, size of enemy task forces and skill of a human opponent.  Even with a good set up it is possible for an opponent to get in without giving a useful warning.

Alfred
obvert

Post by obvert »

If you're playing the AI it also has built in cheats to make it tougher, so ships do appear in places you think you have covered.

That said, it might be best to start threads in the War Room area about tactical issues and seek help rather than assume it's a bug. This is a really complex game and a lot of people here will help you extensively if you ask using specific info on how you're using game settings. Things like pilot skills, search percentages, area covered and other details like weather in the area and pilot or plane fatigue that might keep them fem flying at all. Many other things to consider, but the more you ask the more you're gong to figure out and enjoy the game. [:)]
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Once again train your pilots first. 60+ good. 70+ very good. 80+ outstanding.

jmalter

Post by jmalter »

But Training will only get you so far - to about 50+ Exp & 60+ skill. After that, pilots must go on active ops to gain Exp & Skill, they'll improve at a slow rate, but faster than they would at 100% Training. High airgroup-commander Ldrship & Inspiration skills will help. This isn't a bug, it's the way the game works.

Return to “Tech Support”