zoom out

Norm Koger's The Operational Art of War III is the next game in the award-winning Operational Art of War game series. TOAW3 is updated and enhanced version of the TOAW: Century of Warfare game series. TOAW3 is a turn based game covering operational warfare from 1850-2015. Game scale is from 2.5km to 50km and half day to full week turns. TOAW3 scenarios have been designed by over 70 designers and included over 130 scenarios. TOAW3 comes complete with a full game editor.

Moderators: JAMiAM, ralphtricky

fulcrum28

zoom out

Post by fulcrum28 »

hi,

when i play medium /large scenarios, the zoom out/in in "D maps takes a few seconds, which make the game hard to play.
is there anyway to optimize this functionality so it takes less time?

Thanks in advance!
The most comprehensive website on the IJN Imperial Japanese Navy Y:"Let us enjoy the beauty of the moon (sinking aboard Hiryu)
Oberst_Klink

RE: zoom out

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: fulcrum28

hi,

when i play medium /large scenarios, the zoom out/in in "D maps takes a few seconds, which make the game hard to play.
is there anyway to optimize this functionality so it takes less time?

Thanks in advance!
Which OS, video card/graphics driver? RAM? CPU?

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
fulcrum28

Post by fulcrum28 »

thanks for your reply.
spec:
Windows7, 2.7GHz processor, RAM 4GB, 64bit.
The most comprehensive website on the IJN Imperial Japanese Navy Y:"Let us enjoy the beauty of the moon (sinking aboard Hiryu)
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

thanks for your reply.
spec:
Windows7, 2.7GHz processor, RAM 4GB, 64bit.
What bout the video driver and when did the scroll in/out problem occur the first time?
My system has similar specs, HD 6450 AMD Radeon VidCard.

Kink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
fulcrum28

Post by fulcrum28 »

thanks. It is Intel HD, I use 1920x1080, I dont remember the exact spec though.
It shows the message saying it will take a fee seconds and it is not too long but not too short so it makes a simple operation that it is repeated many times a bit tedious.

I remember that earlier versions needed to write to specific command to optimiza memory when playing large maps. is it related to that?
Yes, zooming in/out the problem occurs always when medium/large size of maps ae played. I use 3.4 TOAW III, 1920x1080.

REgards
Fulcrum

fulcrum28

Post by fulcrum28 »

for example Kharvov 1942 is not big scnario but it shows the message and the zoom is done after 1 or 2 seconds. I think it was much faster before so that the message was almost not visible.
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

for example Kharvov 1942 is not big scnario but it shows the message and the zoom is done after 1 or 2 seconds. I think it was much faster before so that the message was almost not visible.
I'd roll-back the vid driver or get the latest update of it. Something must affect it; hard to analyse remotely. What about DXDiag?

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
fulcrum28

Post by fulcrum28 »

how long does it take for you when you zoom in/out?
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

Only takes a couple of seconds to zoom in or out regardless of scenario size. Zooming in to the closest view takes the longest, maybe three seconds. Maybe a machine issue?

What version of the game exe are you using?

AMD FX 4300 quad core 3800mhz
8gig ram
Nvidia GeForce GT630
1920x1080x60 hertz display
Window$ 7 64bit
2TB HD
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
SMK-at-work

Post by SMK-at-work »

I've just (today!) bought a new comp - gone from a 512Mb AGP graphics to a 2GB PCI, and loaded all exe's onto a 256Gb SSD (but still using my old 500Gb HD for mass) & it's made a pretty massive difference to the zoom - just tried it on a game of FITE and whereas it was taking a good handful of seconds now it takes about 1.
Meum est propisitum in taberna mori
fulcrum28

Post by fulcrum28 »

i understand, thanks!

Return to “Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III”