War in the West coming in December!

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

Surtur

War in the West coming in December!

Post by Surtur »

“No amphibious attack in history has approached this one in size. Along miles of coastline there were hundreds of vessels and small boats afloat and ant-like files of advancing troops ashore” (Dwight D. Eisenhower – Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces in Europe)

July 1943 – The German war machine is jammed. On the Eastern Front the Soviets are progressing relentlessly, and Rommel had to retreat and finally leave North Africa. But to make the Axis capitulate, the Allied forces have to turn up the heat on the Western Front. Even if the German army has been weakened after 4 years of ruthless combat, its soldiers are battle-hardened veterans and its commanders are building almost impenetrable defensive lines in Italy. The time for launching massive seaborne and airborne operations has come; the Western Front is re-opened!

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your own plans.

The game features 3 main campaigns and 7 smaller scenarios for a comprehensive coverage of the combats in Western Europe between July 1943 and mid 1945:

• 1943 Campaign - 109 turns
• 1944 Campaign (May Start) – 64 turns
• 1944 Campaign (D-Day Start) – 62 turns
• Air Campaign – 4 turns
• Operation Husky – 7 turns
• Salerno to Rome 43-44 (starting with Operation Avalanche)– 42 turns/multiplayer only
• Battleground Italy – 95 turns
• Breakout and Pursuit (starting with Operation Cobra) – 11 turns
• Westwall (starting with Operation Market Garden) – 12 turns
• Bulge to the Rhine (starting with The Battle of the Bulge) –12 turns

Based on the War in the East engine, that the Gary Grigsby’s team has been polishing and improving for years, War in the West will blow the minds of fans of historical simulations with its incredible level of detail and realism.

Today we have the pleasure to unveil that the game will be released in early December 2014! So watch out for more details and get ready for the release!

Get more information on Gary Grigsby's War West from the official product page.
Gilmer

RE: War in the West coming in December!

Post by Gilmer »

Sweet. I'm hopeful I will get my new job this week, which might mean a bump in pay and better opportunities. And if so, this is one I'll be saving my money for.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
sh0nyu

Post by sh0nyu »

Mmmmmmmhjajaja,.....sorry - I'm seeing forward to the release. This Title will be amazing (especially for the holidays :D)
(7th Jan 2020)
Jan 42 GC as Allies (PBEM)
Dec 41 of first GC as Japan (PBEM)
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

Can´t wait! [:)]
gravyhair

Post by gravyhair »

Still coming in EARLY December ... ? :-)
Wise Men Still Seek Him
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

If we want to you ought to let us pre-order and get the latest beta version as a reward for pere-ordering. :)
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”