JFB Poll: Musashi, Yes or No....

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

KenchiSulla

JFB Poll: Musashi, Yes or No....

Post by KenchiSulla »

Costing between 250000 and 380000 HI to complete, do you finish her.. Yes or no...

Attachments
123.jpg
123.jpg (27.39 KiB) Viewed 528 times
AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor
dr.hal

RE: JFB Poll: Musashi, Yes or No....

Post by dr.hal »

No. Why throw good points after bad?
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

There should be a heavy PP cost for the Japanese to stop production of major warships. Historically, it would have been very difficult for them to find a consensus to not build this ship. Not to say that I would not do the same thing if I were playing Japan...[;)]
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

ORIGINAL: crsutton

There should be a heavy PP cost for the Japanese to stop production of major warships.
Actually CR that's a very good point. However if we walk that path, there should be very real PP expenditure for other politically untenable moves such as the abandonment of Singapore and other key locations. I'm sure there are other things that could be thrown in as well, for example, NOT attacking Pearl, bypassing the PI, etc.... Arguably the list could be quite long!
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

If you decide to build her, I would do so only after Yamato is done and I have some of my CVs accelerated. Outside of Force Z, you will probably not face any BBs until late '42, so she is not needed on schedule.
[center]Image[/center]
cohimbra

Post by cohimbra »

ORIGINAL: Cannonfodder

Costing between 250000 and 380000 HI to complete, do you finish her.. Yes or no...
No (and no to Yamato too).
dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

However, the only way I would want to "face" a US BB is with CV air power.
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

ORIGINAL: dr.hal

ORIGINAL: crsutton

There should be a heavy PP cost for the Japanese to stop production of major warships.
Actually CR that's a very good point. However if we walk that path, there should be very real PP expenditure for other politically untenable moves such as the abandonment of Singapore and other key locations. I'm sure there are other things that could be thrown in as well, for example, NOT attacking Pearl, bypassing the PI, etc.... Arguably the list could be quite long!

Good point dr.hal. Actually, as an Allied player I used to think they were a good build for the Japanese. Better than an investment in late war carriers which are usually outmatched and outnumbered by the time they show up. But after a long campaign and hearing my good opponent complain of his severe fuel shortages by late 44, I have my doubts about their usefulness. From the many AARs I have read it always seems that Japanese players like to sling their BBs around like cheap sake in 1942. But BBs are fuel junkies and the two super BBs are the worst of the lot. It seems odd but if I am thinking that I am facing a long campaign, I don't really hunt for Japanese BBs and like to leave them alone. They are tough on the old Allied BBs and better left for the Fletchers and subs to tend to at a later date. Plus, I see long term benefits to having an opponent who likes to use them a lot and burn up fuel.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
SuluSea

Post by SuluSea »

Absolutely finish building her.

I stop it until Yamato completes building so I have room to accelerate needed vessels, CVs, DDs, Tks and such but once Yamato comes on line she's back to building.

Without any other strategic thoughts put into place I'd rather have the USN focusing their wrath on one of the two mega BBs than the fragile deck of a CV.
"There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself.” ~ Erwin Lutzer
Q-Ball

Post by Q-Ball »

ORIGINAL: SuluSea

I stop it until Yamato completes building so I have room to accelerate needed vessels, CVs, DDs, Tks and such but once Yamato comes on line she's back to building.f

I am inclined to agree, and I like to finish Musashi. Maybe I have a soft spot for the YAMATOS, but there it is.

I would definitely finish YAMATO

Delaying past the accelerated CVs does make sense.

Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

It is not the Heavy industry cost so much as the fuel to use her. 31 per hex. Ugh! Still, they are fun to use...
mind_messing

Post by mind_messing »

Build her.

When the eventual showdown between the IJN and the USN occurs in '44, the Musashi will resemble a basketball court from all the 500lbers bombs bouncing off it.
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

BUILD HER! ANY ship completed helps. Concur though on completing Yamato first and then Musashi...

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
PresterJohn001

Post by PresterJohn001 »

vote yes, 18 inchers do it for me.
memento mori
Encircled

Post by Encircled »

Irresistible target for Yankee flyboys who (in theory) will be mesmerised by them, and ignore the carriers with them.

Quixote

Post by Quixote »

Apparently I'm in the minority here. For me, this is a very easy "no." While it's certainly a good ship, the return on investment for that much HI is completely unjustifiable.
sventhebold

Post by sventhebold »

Yes
ssgt usaf 84-91 f-15a/c ops puke 525 tfs & 7th tfs
LargeSlowTarget

Post by LargeSlowTarget »

ORIGINAL: PresterJohn

vote yes, 18 inchers do it for me.

Yeah, size does matter!
Endy

Post by Endy »

How do Yamato or Musashi fare against Allied BBs? Did anyone have a BBvsBB battle involving them? I don't believe I ever had such an engagement yet (still considering myself pretty new to Witp) and I was wondering if they can do well just in case.

I recently had a battle where 4 of my Jap BBs (the slow ones) got slaughtered and I was wondering if paired Yamato and Musashi (or even as single) are something to be feared by even larger Allied BB groups or are they rather expensive practice targets?
MrBlizzard

Post by MrBlizzard »

ORIGINAL: SuluSea

I stop it until Yamato completes building so I have room to accelerate needed vessels, CVs, DDs, Tks and such but once Yamato comes on line she's back to building.

Without any other strategic thoughts put into place I'd rather have the USN focusing their wrath on one of the two mega BBs than the fragile deck of a CV.
+1
Blizzard

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”