laptop query to run this game

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

kplusonline

laptop query to run this game

Post by kplusonline »

whats spec for a laptop is required to run this game and the upcoming witw at an acceptable level?

i certainly don't intent buying a gaming laptop but im looking to spend around £500 on a laptop and am wondering if for example a graphic card is required or am i better investing in a laptop with a faster processor?

Id be interested to hear some opinions from players who run this game on laptops.

Cheers.
Omat

RE: laptop query to run this game

Post by Omat »

Hello

As far as I can tell graphic card is not important. When you play against the AI CPU is important. So you do not need a "gaming laptop". This mean often it has a "better" graphic chipset. So focus a little bit more on the processor.

Omat
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
Bertrand Russell
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

I wouldn't buy a laptop based on how it performs with one certain game. Go to a local shop or two and tell them what you want it to do. They will point you in the right direction. Or go to Newegg.com and talk to one of their people.
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
swkuh

Post by swkuh »

I do this game on two different laptops, neither is the "newest" thing around. One quite old (7 yrs?), the other not current (2-3 yrs?.) Neither bought with gaming in mind, only general purposes. Agree that processor speed is principal choice issue. My laptop buys always are always price based, BTW.
GreenGoblin1898

Post by GreenGoblin1898 »

Getting a laptop with dedicated graphics is usually a good idea, especially if you plan to play other games or watch movies on it.
morvael

Post by morvael »

Screen resolution is important to fit game on screen. Screen size for comfort. CPU for AI speed. Rest not much.
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

The most important items in a laptop is CPU and graphics card. Memory, hard drives, etc. can all be upgraded, but the CPU and GC cannot. Even if you do not play graphically demanding games, at some point, even 'basic' games may require more graphic HP that what you currently have [:(]

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”