Looking for a Guadalcanal Opponent: CLOSED

Post here to meet players for PBEM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

churchillhouse

Looking for a Guadalcanal Opponent: CLOSED

Post by churchillhouse »

I'd like to play the Guadalcanal scenario with someone, the side doesn't matter.

I consider myself a beginner.
DanSez

RE: Looking for a Guadalcanal Opponent

Post by DanSez »

That is a great way to learn the game - and Guadalcanal is one of the larger scenarios.

I am playing Guadalcanal and 1000 miles with two different opponents at this time so my plate is full at the moment, but I want to say to others lurking/looking in, that if you are interested in a First PBEM Game, to give this scenario a shot - periods of high action - periods of planning for the next action. It helps teach patience to both players.

You can't just keep tooling around the open ocean with your ships as you will run out of fuel. You can't run constant bombardment task forces because you can't restock the BBs or repair the damage fast enough.

Plan action pulses - plan actions to cover supply runs - plan actions to protect troop movements. Lots of great lessons to learn in this scenario.

And if you can pair up with a good opponent, you can walk up the chain and play the Grand Campaign already knowing how each approaches the game to some extent. Or you can eliminate a bad marriage without investing the deeper commitment that the Grand Campaign takes.
Good luck.
The Commander's job is to orchestrate and direct the three major dimensions of combat - space, time and force. Shattered Sword, the Untold Story of the Battle of Midway
churchillhouse

RE: Looking for a Guadalcanal Opponent

Post by churchillhouse »

Thanks, Dan.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”