Unable to boot DW Universe Crash dump files

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Drantos

Unable to boot DW Universe Crash dump files

Post by Drantos »

I tried all 14 options from the faq thread with no succes. Maybe the log files help.

Distant Worlds - Crash Dump - 1.9.5.0

19:08:01 Donnerstag, 2. Oktober 2014

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
File name: 'Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
at Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound.Device..ctor()
at DistantWorlds.Main.DxETRkiUFO(Int32 , Int32 , Boolean )
at DistantWorlds.Main..ctor(Int32 width, Int32 height, Boolean windowedMode, Splash splashForm)
at DistantWorlds.Start.eBk308sdn1(Object , EventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Visible(Boolean value)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at cB9xAOrqe39oS2jo7N.VFQd0EtR5TMO2KsVPv.Sm8ofB97IEIHT179Y7ay(Object )
at cB9xAOrqe39oS2jo7N.VFQd0EtR5TMO2KsVPv.PtRNTOB1Lgc()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

--- COMPLETE ---

Steam Version

13:27:42 Initialize: System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
bei DWSteamAPI.GetAppID()
bei DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Initialize(String crashLogPath)13:33:41 Initialize: System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
bei DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Initialize(String crashLogPath)13:34:57 Initialize: System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
bei DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Initialize(String crashLogPath)09:57:26 Initialize: System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
bei DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Initialize(String crashLogPath)17:09:29 Initialize: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DWSteamAPI.GetAppID()
at DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Initialize(String crashLogPath)19:09:16 Initialize: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DWSteamAPI.GetAppID()
at DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Initialize(String crashLogPath)
Fu

RE: Unable to boot DW Universe Crash dump files

Post by Fu »

The first one seems to be saying it couldn't find Directx (at least not the version it was looking for). Maybe a dxdiag might show some issues. Presumably you've got the latest version installed so it could be broken in some way.

The second one is all the Steam AppId returning Null. In other words it hasn't got an AppId in the steam system. No idea why that would be. I guess the people from steam might be able to shed some light on that.
Drantos

Post by Drantos »

Thank you for answering. But nothing helps. It starts until the "Feeding of the giant Kaltors" and stops after that. No message - simply stops.

Dont know what to do.

cu Drantos
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

Did you allow it to run its directx check on install? It is a good idea to agree with all such requests (for DW at least).
Drantos

Post by Drantos »

Yes. I allowed it to install direktx 9.0c like requested. The game runs fine until a few days ago. Thought the update for my nvidia drivers was the cause but going back to the old drivers changed nothing. I was so desperate that i even installed IE 11. Nothing works. All other games run fine.

cu Drantos
Drantos

Post by Drantos »

I just deleted the game and downloaded it again from steam. Now it works. I have no explanation but i am glad the game runs again [:)]

cu Drantos

Return to “Tech Support”