Can't return from chat line to multiplayer lobby

Post bug reports and ask for support here.
prjw73

Can't return from chat line to multiplayer lobby

Post by prjw73 »

I only installed version 1.01 yesterday. When using the chat line in the multiplayer lobby I can not go back to the lobby and get stuck in chat mode. Is there a special key to hit or is this a bug? I have not experienced this before.
CC hobbyist, creator of mods.
prjw73

RE: Can't return from chat line to multiplayer lobby

Post by prjw73 »

Ah well, the solution apparently is to hit "Enter" multiple times... After that the bug has not returned...
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Yes -- pressing 'Enter' at the lobby screen toggles chat mode on and off, as explained in the tutorial dialog box and the game manual.

Steve
prjw73

Post by prjw73 »

I know that Steve, [been playing this game for the past 15 years] but it would not let me return. The first time it happened I just got stuck on that chat line and I had to ctrl-alt-delete to stop the game. After the second time I posted my message here. The third time I just kept hitting Enter until I was able to return to the lobby. And tonight it is working fine. It seems the more frequently I use the multiplayer lobby the better it works [:D]
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

That is odd. The only thing I can think of that might be causing that is some other program on your desktop stealing focus from the game. An instant messaging app or something like that? Another program with a dialog box left open?

Steve

Return to “Tech Support”