About Officers.

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

Josh

About Officers.

Post by Josh »

A great addition in my opinion, but there is only one kind of "general" if you like, and I would propose to have Airforce and Navy Officers as well *and* corresponding cards. So cards more suited for airbattles and seabattles or amphibious assaults.

I know Vic is busy but is this something worth implementing in a next patch?
Tac2i

RE: About Officers.

Post by Tac2i »

Have you tried Lancer's Enhanced Mod Suite? It has various types of officers.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

How do you get experience with an air officer or Naval Officer back at a headquarters when the air battle or Naval Battle is no where near the Headquarters?
Favoritism is alive and well here.
Josh

Post by Josh »

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

How do you get experience with an air officer or Naval Officer back at a headquarters when the air battle or Naval Battle is no where near the Headquarters?

I'm afraid I'm not getting you... an HQ Officer has to nearby a fighting unit in order to get exp? I know an Officer has to be close to a fighting unit to give its bonus, but it don't have to be close in order to get exp.
Well I'm talking about the brass in the upper echelons, such as Halsey and Dönitz and so on. He wasn't on an U-Boot but he sure was an experienced commander. Well he was on an U-Boot just not later in his career. [;)]
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

What good is an officer far away from combat?
Favoritism is alive and well here.
Josh

Post by Josh »

I think we have different views on "Officers" I'm not talking about those at the frontlines, or close to it. In my mind the "Officers" in ATG is the brass that is dozens of miles behind it. So they don't have to be close to the front. An Officer leading a wolfpack of U-Boot's doesn't have to be close to influence a battle. An Officer in control of nightly airbattles over Germany doesn't have to be close, they are in commmand of the general strategy, not just a few airbattles.

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”