New to the game

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

kritter

New to the game

Post by kritter »

I am new to the game and have played harpoon with its database editor. Is there a way to modify the platforms and weapons? I tried adding a mount and magizine to a platform with out success ( could not make it fire ). I think I am missing the basics. I found the templetes, but there is missing information like target type. I must be missing something.
mikmykWS

RE: New to the game

Post by mikmykWS »

Many of the mounts may require an associated fire control radar. Let me know what you're trying to do and I'll try and give you a walkthrough.

Another way is look at existing platforms and see how they're built

Thanks!

Mike
kritter

Post by kritter »

For instance I want to add TASM missiles to one of the subs. Or add it to a ship and make the missile BOL capable. I looked at the other ship and thought I had done it correctly but probably not. Any help would be appreciated.
kritter

Post by kritter »

Is there an editor for the database?
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

No database editor. There are ways to swap gear around. Mike can fill you in better.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: kritter

Is there an editor for the database?

Not yet and it may not appear for some time.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: kritter

For instance I want to add TASM missiles to one of the subs. Or add it to a ship and make the missile BOL capable. I looked at the other ship and thought I had done it correctly but probably not. Any help would be appreciated.

This you can do. When you open the weapons dialog while in the scenario editor you'll notice add mounts and add weapons record buttons (likewise delete). You'll also find similar buttons in the sensors dialog.

You can't modify the properties of the missiles although you can add any number of a 1000 or so which should meet the parameters you're looking for.

Mike
kritter

Post by kritter »

Thanks I will play with that.

Return to “Tech Support”