[FIXED B573] Helicopters will not land

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

edfathead

[FIXED B573] Helicopters will not land

Post by edfathead »

I have noticed on the odd scenario after a HELO has RTB'd It will sometimes circle the ship until it runs out of fuel & crashes into the sea. I have checked hanger & elevator availability & all seems clear. Also Sea state is 1 on scenario I was playing. Is there something I am missing or does the odd pilot just lose his nerve on approach? ;)
Win 8.1 (64)
i5 @3.5
24gb RAM
GTX 760 2gb
edfathead

RE: Helicopters will not land

Post by edfathead »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tpebfc2n67cpo ... o.zip?dl=0

A link to the scenario if anybody is keen to have a look.
Win 8.1 (64)
i5 @3.5
24gb RAM
GTX 760 2gb
ultradave

Post by ultradave »

I opened it up. The helicopters and Ospreys circle in place. I noted that the status at bottom right says that they are Bingo fuel and returning to base. Last line says 0nm to base. I tried setting the task force as the new base, and in the messages that was successful, and then selected them all and told them return to base. That order was accepted but it continues to say that base is 0nm and circle in place.

So I guess all that shows is that it's not just you :-) But I'm not sure what's going on. It seems like they think the TF is at the point they are circling (is that about where they took off? )
----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Thanks guys! Seems like a bizarre state and there doesn't seem to be a work around.

We'll take a deeper look.

Thanks and sorry!

Mike
edfathead

Post by edfathead »

May or may not be related but I ordered two of the osprey from the original group to landed on the Allied French ships to the north. Maybe this confused them as to what side they belong to? Also yes they originated from "TF 6.50".
Win 8.1 (64)
i5 @3.5
24gb RAM
GTX 760 2gb
Korvar

Post by Korvar »

I have also experienced this issue - in this particular scenario (see attached), I've had three rotary aircraft succumb to this glitch. In the save I've attached, look for two MV-22B Ospreys (Black Knight #1 and #9) which are currently trying to land on the USS Bataan attached to TF 6.50.

Not all rotary aircraft are affected - I've noticed that those which are affected all seem to have not only hit the bingo fuel state, but have also triggered the "priority landing, critically low on fuel" state. So far that's the only thing I can see which distinguishes those aircraft which refuse to land from those which behave normally.

Hope this helps!

Korvar

Edit: I just noticed this series of events reported in the message log of the same scenario -

5:24:06 PM - Event: 'Chinese Aircraft Destroyed (+5 VP)' has been fired.
5:24:06 PM - Contact Z-9C Dauphin 2 #1227 has been lost.

I did NOT fire upon said aircraft, so it appears the AI is possibly experiencing the same issue.
Attachments
UnderAfri..SEAD5.zip
(2.03 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
Rongor

Post by Rongor »

I also had this in the Raven 21 is down scenario.
I experimented a bit and I found out that if I unassign one of these circling dudes from RTB task and let them get some seperation from USS Tarawa, they then had a chance to land successfully but it didnt work every time I tried. So my naive guess would be the circling attitude fails to achieve requirements of a successfull final state.

savegame
scottb613

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Folks,

I'm not exactly sure of the version I'm running - but I did do the latest update via the UI a week or so ago... Had the same thing happen to a Seasprite attempting to land on a Perry last night... Ran out of fuel and crashed being unable to land... I see this is tagged as fixed - so I don't know if the version tagged as fixed is before or after the update posted last week...

Regards,
Scott
scottb613

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Folks,

I figured out how to load the BETA - B573.

Still having problems with helicopters landing... Seasprite was assigned to a Perry - unable to land - reset Home Base to Nimitz - still unable to land... Scenario attached...

Regards,
Scott
Attachments
MedConflict1990.zip
(490.29 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Seems to be resolved by B376. Stay tuned.

Mike
Asterix909

Post by Asterix909 »

Has anyone found a workaround in the meantime? I'd hate to lose my Agusta Bell 212 currently afflicted by this.

EDIT: After some fanangling, I found a workaround myself. I just quit WITHOUT immediately saving, reloaded slightly older save, and tried again... until it worked.
After the (second?) try I got the helicopter to land (I also unassigned it, assigned it to a random mission, re-unassigned it, then had it rtb manually)

Return to “Tech Support”