[RELEASED] Operation Slam Gray, 1957 -- new beta for testing

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Mgellis

[RELEASED] Operation Slam Gray, 1957 -- new beta for testing

Post by Mgellis »

It's 1957 and the United States needs to take out an air base (and some newly purchased Soviet jets) in the Dominican Republic. Your battle group consists of the CVA 11 Intrepid and her battle group. Can you do it?

As always, please let me know what you think. Feedback, comments, observations, about anything from gameplay to whether or not the orders sound right or the Events function properly, etc. are all welcome. Thanks!

Attachments
Operation..ay1957.zip
(70.15 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
SSN754planker

RE: Operation Slam Gray, 1957 -- new beta for testing

Post by SSN754planker »

oooooo i am on this like white on bread.

Ill let ya know Mgellis!
MY BOOK LIST
ST1/SS SSN 754
hellfish6

Post by hellfish6 »

I love early Cold War scenarios. I'll try it very soon.
Dannyp19

Post by Dannyp19 »

Ive got to do more 50's era CW scen.'s. Im getting hammered! No advanced sensors or missiles, its tough.

I've tried a few tactic's and none have worked. My next tactic is to do nothing, stay quiet and keep everything on the deck (except for the recon AC) and wait for all my AC to be ready and pounce.

Makes you appreciate the advances in technology that's for sure!

I like it.
Patmanaut

Post by Patmanaut »

Hi

I´ve tried it twice, both times a defeat Some comments: They are too few aircraft ready available at the start, only three radar equipped banjos to hold the initial night assault. Considering this is an imminent attack by the USN, I believe more aircraft should be ready.
Probable bug; the Dominican Mig-15s seem to have an easy time shooting down my furys and banjos at night without any radar, the same happens with the Beagles, they have lynx eyed crack tailgunners. Two fury tried to intercept them at 4 am, both were shot down. This happened on both games.

Thank you

P.
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

ORIGINAL: Patmanaut

Hi

I´ve tried it twice, both times a defeat Some comments: They are too few aircraft ready available at the start, only three radar equipped banjos to hold the initial night assault. Considering this is an imminent attack by the USN, I believe more aircraft should be ready.
Probable bug; the Dominican Mig-15s seem to have an easy time shooting down my furys and banjos at night without any radar, the same happens with the Beagles, they have lynx eyed crack tailgunners. Two fury tried to intercept them at 4 am, both were shot down. This happened on both games.

Thank you

P.

Not sure about the MiGs and the Beagles. Of course, the Furies have the problem that they only have guns and have to get really close to attack. But it might well be a bug in the game engine.

As for the ready times, I basically divided the attack aircraft into two groups. One is mostly ready in three hours (a few are ready when the game starts) and the rest are ready in six hours; this way, one can send multiple waves at the air base. Of course, if one wants, one can just wait six hours and send them all at once. I wanted to leave the tactics open-ended so the player could decide how they want to attack.

Patmanaut

Post by Patmanaut »

Ok, I´ll try again with what I have at hand.

Saludos

P.
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

Any other comments or suggestions? Or is this one ready for the Community Scenario Pack? Thanks.

Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Is this ready for release?
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

Posted some time ago in the "Please use this to post ready scenarios for Community" thread...so far, no new bugs reported.

(Normally, unless I have some reason to keep working on a scenario, if it's ready for release, I just post it in that thread with "[final version]" next to the title. The .zip file posted with it is the version I think is ready for release. In some cases, of course, someone will spot a bug that I missed, but then I just post a revised version when I've fixed the scenario with a note that the older version of the scenario should be replaced with this newly posted version.)

Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Thanks!
AlexGGGG

Post by AlexGGGG »

I'm getting a message along the lines of "SOMEONE FIRED ON NEUTRALS!!!", but there are no neutral losses registered in Losses/Expenditures, and also I'm not firing at the moment.
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

Okay, I'll fix it. Originally, it did not matter if I simply put Neutrals in the Unit Destroyed trigger and did not specify a type, but now it triggers the bug for some reason. (I'm slowly but surely going through all my old scenarios and fixing this...grrr!)

Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

New version posted.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”