EuroWIFCon is heating engine

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

AxelNL

RE: Wo ist Hofgeismar?

Post by AxelNL »

I can see why Hobart is a large port in WiF, what a natural harbour (if those bays are deep enough)!
Neilster

Post by Neilster »

ORIGINAL: AxelNL

I can see why Hobart is a large port in WiF, what a natural harbour (if those bays are deep enough)!
This is from the Wikipedia entry on the River Derwent...

"The large estuary forms the Port of the City of Hobart – often claimed to be the deepest sheltered harbour in the Southern Hemisphere; some past guests of the port include the HMS Beagle, carrying Charles Darwin, in February 1836, the USS Enterprise and USS Missouri. The largest vessel to ever travel the Derwent is the 113,000 tonne, 61 metre high, ocean liner 'Diamond Princess', which made its first visit in January 2006. At points in its lower reaches the river is nearly three kilometres wide, and as such is the widest river in Tasmania."

It'd be cool to have some huge MWiF fleet based here [:'(]

Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster
hazmaxed

Post by hazmaxed »

All this talk of driving from Munich to Hofgeismar...why not take the train?  Has the Deutsches Bundesbahn gone down hill from when I was last stationed in Germany in 1998?

Edited because I can't spell.
There is no overkill. There is only "open fire" and "reloading."
Orm

Post by Orm »

sure hope I don't hear that message from Captain Moody when I'm flying to and from Europe.
I do hope that you do not need to hear it. But if you do I pray that your Captain is made of the same quality as Captain Moody.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

ORIGINAL: hazmaxed

All this talk of driving from Munich to Hofgeismar...why not take the train?  Has the Deutsches Bundesbahn gone done hill from when I was last stationed in Germany in 1998?

Sure you can go by train... It takes approx. 4 hours using the High Speed track between Munich and Kassel, than you go on the local trains... Nice that all these things are to be found so easily on the internet. Only, you won't like the price. Tickets start at € 100,-- one way. The car is much cheaper...

If I'm driving from the Netherlands to Austria, on the German Autobahn I drive around 160 Kph on cruise control if traffic and the signs allow for this. Quite relaxing, especially in the quiet area's of the country.

And I totally agree with Neilster and his love for a bike. If you know what you are doing and keep alert, it is a very good way to drive.

Peter
Neilster

Post by Neilster »

Is this bad-boy still in service? [:'(]

Cheers, Neilster

Attachments
henschelWe..0011938.jpg
henschelWe..0011938.jpg (274.35 KiB) Viewed 159 times
Cheers, Neilster
Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

Dunno, but my plane is reserved. Return ticket for only 84 € !!!. [:D][:D][:D]
Drantos

Post by Drantos »

If one want to come to the EuroWiFCon he only has to travel to Kassel. From there i will pick him up with my car and deliver him at the gaming hall.

cu Drantos (aka Markus G)
Neilster

Post by Neilster »

ORIGINAL: Drantos

If one want to come to the EuroWiFCon he only has to travel to Kassel. From there i will pick him up with my car and deliver him at the gaming hall.

cu Drantos (aka Markus G)
...with a complimentary spiked drink [:'(] Strange...that car journey took hours and hours...and I'm feeling a bit tender... [:D]

Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster
Finarfïn

Post by Finarfïn »

Hello,

is there a wifcon in Australia?

Fin
Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

There is. There are only (AFAIK) three, USA, Euro, and Australia.

Here is a thread on Aussie WIFCON 2012

tm.asp?m=2930754&mpage=1&key=&#2930754
Finarfïn

Post by Finarfïn »

Thanks
Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

ORIGINAL: Centuur

According to the routeplanner it's 500 kilometers and it takes 4 hours and 45 minutes aproxx.

You don't have to pass a lot of major cities, so normally, you won't get stuck in traffic.

I know that you aren't in this years Order of Battle but ...

... will you come around like you did before?

It was nice to have you there and to have your help to interpret the rules...
Orm

Post by Orm »

I so long to be there. If just for a day. [:D]
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

ORIGINAL: Joseignacio

ORIGINAL: Centuur

According to the routeplanner it's 500 kilometers and it takes 4 hours and 45 minutes aproxx.

You don't have to pass a lot of major cities, so normally, you won't get stuck in traffic.

I know that you aren't in this years Order of Battle but ...

... will you come around like you did before?

It was nice to have you there and to have your help to interpret the rules...

I'm still thinking, but time and money is short, I'm afraid...
Peter
Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

Orm, you should come as well.

Centuur, [:(]
Orm

Post by Orm »

It is to far away for just a short trip. So it is not doable. [:(]

But I do long to be there. [:)]

Something that could cheer me up as the Autumn arrives is pictures from the different games. Reports as well would be a bonus. But stand alone pictures would be truly awesome. [:)]
Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

Well, The first time I went there I planned to see the games only. But I finally was convinced to play.

However, it's worth it, the guys are nice, the countryside is gorgeous, the accommodation reasonably comfortable and prices right. And there is WIF. If you are not playing it could be possible too to make a tour around, it's the Grimm Brothers land and it's beautiful, this is something I need to do someday.

And plane tickets, if bought in advance are really cheap, I bought mine one month ago (return ticket) for 84.
Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

ORIGINAL: Orm

It is to far away for just a short trip. So it is not doable. [:(]

But I do long to be there. [:)]

Something that could cheer me up as the Autumn arrives is pictures from the different games. Reports as well would be a bonus. But stand alone pictures would be truly awesome. [:)]

Photos of the participants and some brief reviews use to be post at www.eurowif.de
composer99

Post by composer99 »

However, it's worth it, the guys are nice, the countryside is gorgeous, the accommodation reasonably comfortable and prices right. And there is WIF. If you are not playing it could be possible too to make a tour around, it's the Grimm Brothers land and it's beautiful, this is something I need to do someday.

While I'd prefer to go to the USA WifCon (closer and cheaper) my wife tells me that if I'm going to a Con, it'll be EuroWiFCon because then she can do the Fairy Tale Road tour.
~ Composer99

Return to “World in Flames”