[FIXED + ADDED v1.06] Missing Radars perhaps?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

poosd

[FIXED + ADDED v1.06] Missing Radars perhaps?

Post by poosd »

Hello all,

I am creating the "Ring of Steel" which surrounded Los Angeles California in the Cold War days. This consisted of
Fixed radar bases and Nike Ajax and Nike Hercules missile batteries encircling L.A. and most of southern Cal.

Problem 1. Question about HF radars. When I use either of these radars, AN/MPS-14 HF or AN/MPS-6 (as a substituted
for FPS-6As or FPS-6Bs (that I couldn't find in the CWDB), I get no radar range circle display when the radars
are active, nor do I get any altitude information on bogeys detected by other search radars.
Just what does HF radars do in real world and game environments?

My research shows the following units in place in the southern California area during this time.

RP-39 San Pedro Hill AFS (Z-39)/1950-1980/USAF-FAA
RP-39 Located on San Pedro Hill off Crest Road. This was a radar site only.
This was a gap filler radar for Site LA-78Cand a NORAD radar site with an AN/FPS-27 unit,
one ARSR-1C; two FPS-6A (2 Army); two FPS-6B (2 USAF); and FPS-26A; FPS-27.

Problem 2. I can not find any of the above radars in the CWDB. If they are in fact there can someone comment
on what they may be listed as?

Thank you,
Dean
mikmykWS

RE: Missing Radars perhaps?

Post by mikmykWS »

Hi Dean

Sorry this is happening. I've logged an item for our db team to look at.

Mike
poosd

Post by poosd »

Mike,

Thanks so much for the quick response. You guys could give a lot of much
larger companies lessons in customer support. Simply OUTSTANDING!

Dean
poosd

Post by poosd »

I was wondering. Did the Height Finding Radar issue get resolved in any of the new Database updates that came at
the end of October (see previous post)....or am I still having a "user error" issue associated with my use and all HF radars?

Thanks

Dean
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Didn't get investigated yet, sorry!
.Sirius

Post by .Sirius »

Sorry in hand
ORIGINAL: poosd

I was wondering. Did the Height Finding Radar issue get resolved in any of the new Database updates that came at
the end of October (see previous post)....or am I still having a "user error" issue associated with my use and all HF radars?

Thanks

Dean
Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims
Cold War Data Base 1946-1979 Author

Old radar men never die - Their echoes fade away in accordance with the inverse fourth power law
poosd

Post by poosd »

Sir .Sirius,

I am curious? When you do get to it, how do you plan on implementing HF Radars in game form? My research shows that most HF radars were used
in tandem with first generation 2D search radars. The search radar would locate and present bearing, heading and speed info on a bogey, and the
linked HF radar would provide altitude info. It apparently took both types to get a firm fix on a target in those early days.
I guess if you were only using a HF radar (I don't know why you would) you would just get a bogey shown in a big "uncertainty zone" with just altitude data shown?
If you just had an early 2D search radar you would get a specific point in space for a bogey, with a bearing, course and speed, but no altitude data?

I love the learning aspect of this game and am looking forward to seeing how this is going to work.

Thanks for all the efforts you guys put forth.

Dean
.Sirius

Post by .Sirius »

All radar Installations added
Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims
Cold War Data Base 1946-1979 Author

Old radar men never die - Their echoes fade away in accordance with the inverse fourth power law

Return to “Tech Support”