SOS: Server Down! Date:9.28.2014

Post bug reports and ask for support here.
sinosoldat

SOS: Server Down! Date:9.28.2014

Post by sinosoldat »

Stuck at "connecting to opponent" screen. The problem emerged like 20 hours ago. Tried to connect several player, all the same issue.One of them told me it's the server's problem.Please check it out
Jonathan Pollard

RE: SOS: Server Down! Date:9.28.2014

Post by Jonathan Pollard »

I can confirm sinosoldat's report, I tried many times to connect to sinosoldat but all attempts failed.
mooxe

Post by mooxe »

Attachments
nail.jpg
nail.jpg (9.04 KiB) Viewed 610 times
Close Combat Series

CCS on Youtube

Join Discord for tech support and online games.
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Don't think TCP/IP is going to die so do you mean the CC Lobby/Forum? Or CC multi-player because of all the problems? Or...?
PztCrackwise

Post by PztCrackwise »

I can also confirm this thing as of today, at this time. It is possible to receive invitations but the game freezes at that point and there is no connection.

This is the *3rd* time (througout this week) that something goes wrong with the server and people cannot play! F***ing unbelievable! After PitF was released, we begged Matrix to include a manual TCP/IP connection option in addition to the lobby system, foreseeing their unreliable situation with the servers. Yet they claimed the new multiplayer lobby would be better and abstained from including manual TCP/IP interface in GtC as it was in the previous releases.

I am really running towards the end of my patience with Matrix Games. If this thing continues as such, I will seriously start considering a refund.

rmdesantis

Post by rmdesantis »

I have had the same problem - last Monday and today. When we try to connect, the person who receives the invitation that says: "Close Combat Error XXXX has invited you to join the game". The host will see that connection is establishing but it will bomb. The invited will also bomb out after a few moments.

Can you tell we are frustrated? Multiplayer issues have plagued this product since PitF. We have been told repeatedly, by Matrix, that this was thoroughly tested and works well in MP mode. While playing the game MP is a lot of fun, it is a pain to actually get a game going. MP clearly is not a priority for Matrix, and it is reflected in the problems that we (the MP community for the CC games) have had with their products.

This is very frustrating.
Ozymandias2

Post by Ozymandias2 »

Seriously: do you people as an alleged "service provider" give a <expletive deleted> about this "Lobby System?"

Sure, you "sold" it to us as a way to find other H2H players, but, come on: "fess up:" Was it a lame, upper-management decision to provide licensing control over the evidently very small number of H2H customers? - Because, otherwise, you WOULD give a <expletive yet again deleted> about us.

Furthermore: If we're that small in number (and some of us ONLY play H2H!) we're a very, very small part of the bottom line, so why not just GIVE US BACK THE SAME TCP/IP SYSTEM WHICH WORKED SO WELL SO LONG!?!?
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Thanks for the reports. I will take a look at it.

For those experiencing the problem: What exactly happens when you try to connect to your opponent? Does it say "Connecting to Opponent" forever?

What version of Windows are you using (and your opponent's version, if known.)

Have you both installed the 1.01 patch?

Thanks,

Steve
Jonathan Pollard

Yes, it says "connecting to opponent" forever. I have the 1.01 patch and my opponents said they had it too.
PztCrackwise

Post by PztCrackwise »

As of now, people can receive invitations. However, the host receives the message "Connect to opponent failed. Unknown error.", whereas the guy who joins freezes at the "connecting to opponent" step.

The funny thing is there have been similar issues regarding multiplayer since the beginning of this week, and you guys still not seem to have fixed the problems completely. Faulty server, or whatever, this is very disappointing...
rmdesantis

Post by rmdesantis »

Steve
We are running Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. Both of us have had the 1.01 patch since it came out.

The errors are as described by others.

We were planning on trying to play again later this afternoon, but if you can't figure out what the problem is, there's not much point in playing again.

Ozymandias2

Post by Ozymandias2 »

As a quick addition re: my friend rmd's comments, the person being invited to join a game received the pop-up, "So-and-so has invited you ..." with the bizarre addition that the pop-up's header read: Close Combat Error

-O.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Thanks for the information guys. Are any of you who are hosting using the direct connection mechanism -- i.e. you've opened a port 1944 in your router and/or firewall, and you usually see 'DIRECT CONNECTION' once you're hooked up with your opponent?

Steve
PztCrackwise

Post by PztCrackwise »

As far as I know, I have never opened a port so far. I haven't ever observed that "direct connection" indication either.
sinosoldat

Post by sinosoldat »

Tested it again. Server still down.
rmdesantis

Post by rmdesantis »

I have had 1944 open since the game came out. I get a Direct Connection perhaps once every 15 or 20 times. It's a pointless exercise as far as I can tell.

Ozymandias2

Post by Ozymandias2 »

Ditto.
rmdesantis

Post by rmdesantis »

We just tried again. I, as host, sent the invitation. The other player accepted the invitation and after a few seconds of "connecting to your opponent", I get a Close Combat Error. Unknown Error.

SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

The service has been restarted and I have tested it and been able to make a Lobby Connection to play head to head. So I believe we are back in business. They have added some additional monitoring and notification to the back end as well.

Please let me know if you're still unable to connect.

Steve
Jonathan Pollard

I tried to connect to sinosoldat several times now and all attempts were failures.

Return to “Tech Support”