Merchant convoys

Commander - The Great War is the latest release in the popular and playable Commander series of historical strategy games. Gamers will enjoy a huge hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east on a new engine that is more efficient and fully supports widescreen resolutions.
Commander – The Great War features a Grand Campaign covering the whole of World War I from the invasion of Belgium on August 5, 1914 to the Armistice on the 11th of November 1918 in addition to 16 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains and more!

Moderators: Lord Zimoa, MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

ryan1488

Merchant convoys

Post by ryan1488 »

Do they not add manpower? Playing the ipad version and I'm pretty sure I'm not getting any.
operating

RE: Merchant convoys

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: rs99z28

Do they not add manpower? Playing the ipad version and I'm pretty sure I'm not getting any.

Check out page 25 of the manual, read the last paragraph under Man Power, the answer to your question is there.
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
ryan1488

Post by ryan1488 »

So the book says you get 1 manpower for every point left from your convoys.

My question is why am I not getting any?
amtrick

Post by amtrick »

Are you playing Entente or Central Powers? Only the Entente get MPs from their convoys. If you are playing Entente and this isn't happening, there is something wrong.
RickD
ryan1488

Post by ryan1488 »

Yup seems like something is up.....
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: rs99z28

Yup seems like something is up.....
Quite honestly, I find it hard to follow MP %ages closely, concerning Entente convoys, for they (convoys) disband in port on the AI's turn. Usually during the AI's turn there has been combat in one form or another that would have also had an effect on MP, which to me, muddies how MP is tabulated to be presented when my turn starts, also if I have units that have been in the production queue that are now ready to be deployed (although they have some hard numbers to go by) has to be considered. As a result, I don't pay much attention to the 1 MP point a convoy may contribute to the Entente cause. It's pretty much the same nonsense in a Multiplayer match.

What would be nice: If a memo popped up after a convoy has reached port announcing that 1 or more MP have been added to a given side, that would remove any doubt.

I do question if a 10 strength convoy is whittled down to a 2 strength before reaching port, does the receiving country still get the whole point gain on MP from this convoy?[&:]
amtrick

Post by amtrick »

Actually the Entente gets 1 MP for every PP in the convoy. So a full-strength convoy adds 10 MP and a 2 PP convoy adds 2 MP. Over the course of the game if the CP doesn't shut down the Alled convoy routes, this can be a significant factor.
RickD
ryan1488

Post by ryan1488 »

I am currently in a hard fought pbem battle and The English are getting dangerously low on manpower, so I started watching it when the convoys come in.
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: amtrick

Actually the Entente gets 1 MP for every PP in the convoy. So a full-strength convoy adds 10 MP and a 2 PP convoy adds 2 MP. Over the course of the game if the CP doesn't shut down the Alled convoy routes, this can be a significant factor.
Thanks, for explaining the run down on convoy MP!.[:)]

Return to “Commander - The Great War”