Newby Question

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

andyinkuwait

Newby Question

Post by andyinkuwait »

Playing the first tutorial, got the fighters launched and engaged but cannot get the land strike to launch with Shrike to take out the static SAM sites. They are listed as targets in the mission. The mission editor reports it is active but it isn't launching the aircraft. I know I'm missing some setting or other. Can anyone help out? I only have 3 planes in the mission.
Feltan

RE: Newby Question

Post by Feltan »

andyinkuwait,

It will be helpful if you take the save file, zip it up, and attach it to your post. It is very difficult to understand the problem without being able to recreate it.

Regards,
Feltan
andyinkuwait

Post by andyinkuwait »

I was going to go back and try to repeat the error anyway. I will double check the mission settings and save if it appears to happen again.

Each plane had a time next to it, when I looked at the mission editor during the game, but the time didn't seem to ever get to zero (I at first thought that this was a countdown to launch).

I'll see if I can repeat it. Thanks
Casinn

Post by Casinn »

Put them on a SEAD (suppression of enemy air defense? iirc) patrol, and they should engage on own. I usually just drop a couple way points north of the enemy and launch fighters to AAW patrol those, then send a SEAD patrol to the same ones. I'd recommend splitting it into two SEAD patrols with a delay between them so they don't all launch at same sams. (or you can manually allocate the weapons)

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”