Editor Questions

Get ready for Mark H. Walker's Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad. This is the first complete computer game in the Lock ‘n Load series, covering the battles in and around Stalingrad during World War II.
Ratzki

Editor Questions

Post by Ratzki »

So, been playing with the editor for a couple days and a couple questions come to mind.

First, I played around with paint.net and made somewhat of a map. Now that it is saved as a bmp file, how do you go about getting it into the editor and assigning the terrain types to the new map? Is it saved as a map file after this is done or is there something else that has to be done? I have looked through the threads here and have not been able to locate the answer.

Second, is there some rough editor manual somewhere that can explain some of the proceedures to making maps and scenarios? If not, it is needed for us older, not quite so computer savvy gamers.

Thanks, probably one of many posts with questions yet to come. Love the game.
Ratzki

RE: Editor Questions

Post by Ratzki »

Ok, figurred out how to assign the terrain types to the bmp map. Now playing with the LOS tab and the polygons/Vortex settings. Any advise on what CYcle Polygon and 3/4 Vertex is?
fran52

Post by fran52 »

To work with the polygon is annoing[:D].Anyway,armed with patience,you put a poly in each ex. that can be a blocking ex.If you want a real blocking ex you must use 2 poly to cover all.If you have a house you put the poly to cover the silouette of the house and so on.
Ratzki

Post by Ratzki »

Thanks, yes I agree that the polygon thing is real annoying. Been playing with it this morning and there just seems to be no way to make things go quicker or be any easier. It would be nice to have some prmade polygons so that you could just select them and then position over the terrain that you want, having to lay out a polygon by hand each time is a pain.
Tom Proudfoot

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

I have some documentation up here, not sure if you saw it already: tm.asp?m=3545313

Ratzki

Post by Ratzki »

No I had not found it untill now. Thank you very much !!

Return to “Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad”