Bunch of question from a mid-experienced player

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Silmo

Bunch of question from a mid-experienced player

Post by Silmo »

after 200hr of playing I still have a few questions unanswered :

1. How can i easily move my citizens from my Home planet (which is at max population) to another colony i just created ?
2. How can i play with AI extended mod AND Extended Universe at the same time ? do i have to copy-paste one into the other ?
3. Repairing the Devastation Moon takes forever. Any way to speed it up ?

I think thats' all for now. Thanks for any responses :)
Aeson

RE: Bunch of question from a mid-experienced player

Post by Aeson »

I cannot answer your question on modding the game. You might perhaps be better off asking (or looking) in the Design and Modding section of the forums:
tt.asp?forumid=795
1. How can i easily move my citizens from my Home planet (which is at max population) to another colony i just created ?
Make your homeworld be a not particularly happy place, e.g. by setting 100% taxes and not including medical and recreational facilities on the orbital bases, and make sure that your passenger ships are focused on moving people between planets rather than shuttling tourists to resorts by changing the tourism priority in Empire Policies.
3. Repairing the Devastation Moon takes forever. Any way to speed it up ?
Upgrade your construction technology. Any of the techs which improve the Construction Yard component will improve your construction technology. Also, if I'm not mistaken, parts that you have the necessary technology to include in your own designs will be repaired more rapidly than those that aren't, so developing the technologies used by the planet killers should speed construction somewhat. I'm not certain about this second thing, however.

You may also want to establish a colony and some mines, or at least a fuel source, near your construction site so that the construction ship doesn't need to go as far to restock on materials, if it should run out, and so that it can refuel quickly if it needs to take a long trip to go get supplies to continue the project. The fuel site also helps you keep a fleet in the area to keep pirates from stealing your construction ships. If your construction ship stalls due to lack of material, it's possible that a freighter will come by to resupply it, but it's often faster to order the construction ship to stop what it's doing and then give it a new repair order on the project, as this will generally cause it to go pick up the supplies it needs to continue construction from the nearest planet, spaceport, or perhaps starbase, but if that location doesn't have the necessary supplies, that's not going to help too much, anyways.
WaflHead

RE: Bunch of question from a mid-experienced player

Post by WaflHead »

2. How can i play with AI extended mod AND Extended Universe at the same time ? do i have to copy-paste one into the other ?

Exactly, first apply the latest Extended Universe Mod, then apply the AI Extended Mod in the same location, over-writing all files. These two mods are incredibly awesome together!

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”