Matrix Game Demography

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

MickM2

Matrix Game Demography

Post by MickM2 »

Apparently 52% of all gamers are now female. What is the demography for Matrix gamers? After reading the Australian beauties' posts I assume 100% male?
zakblood

RE: Matrix Game Demography

Post by zakblood »

then you would be wrong [;)]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

That might be true if you consider candy crush and bubble pop in the figures. Not exactly what I would consider traditional gamers although those are indeed games. If you broke it down I'd say about 10% would be console and even less PC gamers. Mostly this is being pushed by the sjw to have them change the way RPGs and fps are being made.

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
Qwixt

Post by Qwixt »

It's definitely a sausagefest. If you're looking for a female date, you're probably not going to have much success here.

Want a girl that can finish that full campaign game of WitE:AE MP with you? Come on over to e-Matrix when you're looking for that special someone.
PipFromSlitherine

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

There are a number of highly active female posters on the forums, but it is probably fair to say that our games tend to be mostly played by men. In the broader gaming world more women are playing more games, which is great. You only have to look at the Bioware RPGs to see how engaged your female players will be if you can genuinely play from alternate perspectives. I think it is definitely true (across the broader gaming market) that 'if you build it they will come'. Casual gaming too of course, though I think it is reductive to say that women only play casual games.

That said, for the core wargaming it's a little different. Iain gave a good answer during the stream we did from the last event on our games specifically. Subject matter definitely affects cross-gender appeal.

Also: let's avoid toxic terms like SJW etc. I want to avoid the kinds of hysterical (see what I did there) escalation that you can easily find out there on some elements of this issue.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

SJW is a toxic term? Even if they consider themselves such and are an intregal part of the discussion as it pertains to females in the gaming circles?

Well let's call them briga frot dilliums. The actions of the briga frot dilliums are well documented and especially with the release of new info coming forward. Somehow the bfd's think that if games are made that are not of their vision it somehow excludes others from making games that do attract females. I'm all for anyone playing games, but a campaign to have other titles changed is selfish and artificial. It affects what I like. Is there any corner of the world that the bfd's don't infiltrate into and try to impose their views of limited freedom?
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

To add it would be like a group of men demanding that the image Lifetime Chanel portrays of men is disparaging to men in general and that they demand that all movies show men in a positive manner and of their vision of how a man should act.

PipFromSlitherine

It is a toxic term in that it is used to dismiss whole areas of discussion, and that is not useful. I'm confused by the idea that someone asking that a game be changed to something they would prefer is selfish. The idea that "they're coming to take our games!!1!!11" is just internet conspiracy run amok. Let's keep this thread about specific ideas, and avoid broad brush social or political commentary.

Cheers

Pip
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

What does SJW mean? Or should I want to know? Maybe I should just leave it at that. [&:]

EDIT: (Cross post) Never mind please don't tell me... I don't want to know.
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

BTW, welcome back to the "general discussion" forums Missouri Rebel, I haven't seen you in a while. I guess I should say that too.
MickM2

Post by MickM2 »

Sorry for starting this one, I was only trying to find a girlfriend. Just joking as am spoken for. Anyway more females gaming is a positive step forward.
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

Thank you Gary. Yeah I tend to stay away especially considering that almost every subject outside the same stuff is controversial here. And because controversies involve two sides it helps to keep one of the sides quiet to avoid the perceived 'controversy'. Such is the way. Anything different must be considered internet conspiracy run amok, despite evidence to the contrary.
I'm confused by the idea that someone asking that a game be changed to something they would prefer is selfish.

See post 6
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

ORIGINAL: Mick M

Sorry for starting this one, I was only trying to find a girlfriend. Just joking as am spoken for. Anyway more females gaming is a positive step forward.

No apologies needed. Not too many play war games. I can think of Rhonda but I'm not sure she's looking for a boyfriend. Lol

I'm all for including women in whatever they choose to do. Heck, my mother is a woman as is my wife and daughters. Even though they enjoy things like fishing atv riding shooting firearms etc. war games have never been their forte.
berto

Post by berto »

That I know of, at least three^H^H^H^Hwo women war gamers who frequent the Matrix Forum:

[*]rhondabrwn
[*][stricken from the list] [;)]
[*]Graf Zeppelin [WITP:AE]

I'm sure there are others.
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
Qwixt

Post by Qwixt »

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

What does SJW mean? Or should I want to know? Maybe I should just leave it at that. [&:]

I had to google it,
SJW

Social Justice Warrior. A pejorative term for an individual who repeatedly and vehemently engages in arguments on social justice on the Internet, often in a shallow or not well-thought-out way, for the purpose of raising their own personal reputation. A social justice warrior, or SJW, does not necessarily strongly believe all that they say, or even care about the groups they are fighting on behalf of. They typically repeat points from whoever is the most popular blogger or commenter of the moment, hoping that they will "get SJ points" and become popular in return. They are very sure to adopt stances that are "correct" in their social circle.

The SJW's favorite activity of all is to dogpile. Their favorite websites to frequent are Livejournal and Tumblr. They do not have relevant favorite real-world places, because SJWs are primarily civil rights activists only online.
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

ORIGINAL: Qwixt

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

I had to google it,
SJW

Social Justice Warrior. A pejorative term for an individual who repeatedly and vehemently engages in arguments on social justice on the Internet, often in a shallow or not well-thought-out way, for the purpose of raising their own personal reputation. A social justice warrior, or SJW, does not necessarily strongly believe all that they say, or even care about the groups they are fighting on behalf of. They typically repeat points from whoever is the most popular blogger or commenter of the moment, hoping that they will "get SJ points" and become popular in return. They are very sure to adopt stances that are "correct" in their social circle.

The SJW's favorite activity of all is to dogpile. Their favorite websites to frequent are Livejournal and Tumblr. They do not have relevant favorite real-world places, because SJWs are primarily civil rights activists only online.

I'd say that that definition is wrong concerning all because many bfd's behave in a civil manner and are not hypocrites. They may still be wrong, but being a self described bfd doesn't mean they engage in those tactics. And unlike most bfd's I've come across, I'm open to hearing arguments to the contrary. Something about having ideas fought out on the battlefield of open exchange that I enjoy.
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

ORIGINAL: Qwixt

It's definitely a sausagefest. If you're looking for a female date, you're probably not going to have much success here.

Want a girl that can finish that full campaign game of WitE:AE MP with you? Come on over to e-Matrix when you're looking for that special someone.
I'm not sure that would be such a good idea. Can you imagine dinner?

'Honey, are there any more cresent rolls left'

'No. They're gone just like your bases around the Solomon's you loser!'

Sigh!
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

With all that grandstanding above I still respect Matrix games and what they do. I'm a regular customer of theirs even if I don't post much anymore.

Also Mick. It might be useful if you post a source with those stats.

Edit: I meant my grandstanding just to be clear.
PipFromSlitherine

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

Thank you Gary. Yeah I tend to stay away especially considering that almost every subject outside the same stuff is controversial here. And because controversies involve two sides it helps to keep one of the sides quiet to avoid the perceived 'controversy'. Such is the way. Anything different must be considered internet conspiracy run amok, despite evidence to the contrary.
I'm confused by the idea that someone asking that a game be changed to something they would prefer is selfish.

See post 6
If I wanted to silence anyone I would have just locked the thread [:)] Always happy to see assertions backed up with evidence. That said, #6 is a hypothetical. There may well be people demanding that all games be entirely inclusive irrespecitve of context, but nobody is taking them seriously. CoD is a $B franchise - nobody is going to mess with the formula. On the other end of the scale, Bioware as I said has been aggressively inclusive for more than a decade without affecting the quality of the games at all. Like so many things these days this is a pretty sedate issue hijacked by a tiny minority at the extremes.

The wider internet 'debate' on this is packed with literal conspiracy theories as well as the kind of bile which thankfully we seldom see on these forums. I just want to keep the level of discourse here to its usual level.

Cheers

Pip
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

ORIGINAL: PipFromSlitherine

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

See post 6
If I wanted to silence anyone I would have just locked the thread [:)] Always happy to see assertions backed up with evidence. That said, #6 is a hypothetical. There may well be people demanding that all games be entirely inclusive irrespecitve of context, but nobody is taking them seriously. CoD is a $B franchise - nobody is going to mess with the formula. On the other end of the scale, Bioware as I said has been aggressively inclusive for more than a decade without affecting the quality of the games at all. Like so many things these days this is a pretty sedate issue hijacked by a tiny minority at the extremes.

The wider internet 'debate' on this is packed with literal conspiracy theories as well as the kind of bile which thankfully we seldom see on these forums. I just want to keep the level of discourse here to its usual level.

Cheers

Pip

A very reasoned and factual reply. Bioshock is a great example and one where my daughter and wife enjoyed very much, as did I. I'll agree there are extremists on both sides.

Return to “General Discussion”