Multiplayer works really well

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Numdydar

Multiplayer works really well

Post by Numdydar »

Who needs Netplay lol.

Set up Team viewer (free) and Skype for voice (Free). Set up a solitaire game and we are having a blast with 1.2.1.5

The only downside is you can see the US picks but a simple turn of the head or close the eyes can take care of that. [:)]

So as far as I am concerned all is good in WiF lands. Now just get the rest of the bugs squashed and we will really be in good shape [:D]
freeboy

RE: Multiplayer works really well

Post by freeboy »

Team viewer ? Interesting
"Tanks forward"
Manack

Post by Manack »

I've also been using team viewer from the start. No problems playing over the net.

Though, hot seat is still more fun.
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

I thought hot seat had issues. Have they been fixed?

Also you may be able to play with more than two people using this method too. We have not tried it yet so I do not know if teamviewer supports multiple connections but I know you can conference call using Skype.
AlbertN

Post by AlbertN »

I am playing since with just Skype, really.
It is a bit longer as one has to manually pass the file (exactly as if you were playing PBEM) - but with the Share Screen option it's not an issue.

Major issue are still lack of optional rules - and the bugs (and the fact both me and my companion are novices but we're trying to supply to such shortage!)

We're having great fun for the moment, but both of us are concerned of a WW1 alike frontline in the future whereas the only way to open up defences is by using Offensive Chits (unless one has to rely brutally on the luck of the dices.).
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

Which optional rules are you using? 1d10 combat table with divisions and without the blitz bonus is notorious for turning into WW I. Other rule sets don't have that problem.
I thought I knew how to play this game....
micheljq

Post by micheljq »

What campaign or scenario you play? In what turn are you?

Thanks for the tip.
Michel Desjardins,
"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious" - Oscar Wilde
"History is a set of lies agreed upon" - Napoleon Bonaparte after the battle of Waterloo, june 18th, 1815
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

GC and just finishing up the first turn. Making major mistakes along the way too lol. Lost a white print unit in Poland as an example as Germany [:@] Almost took Warsaw on the first impulse though so I thought it worth the risk. I guess I'll find out [:)]

2D10. I actually have a thread somewhere where I asked about 1D10 versus 2D10. Based on that discussion I saw no need to learn the game with 1D10 then switch over to 2D10 later.

Return to “World in Flames”