Steal tech rate

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

zoommooz11

Steal tech rate

Post by zoommooz11 »

Very new to the game, and I am finding that stealing tech (I love long game so tech rate is set at 999) gives to much tech progress. I don't mind if tech stealing is usually successful, but gaining huge amount skewer my game play too much. So my question(s) are:

What determines the amount of tech gained (I assume it has something to do with the particular agents skill level)?

2. Can I alter this so a successful steal gives 10% of a tech for example, not half, or the whole amount. (This I guess will depend on the answer to question one, as if its a percentage, then the tech cost will not effect the amount gained, however if its a set amount, then the tech stealing amount will be smaller, the larger the tech costs)
Fishers of Men

RE: Steal tech rate

Post by Fishers of Men »

Hello zoommooz11 and welcome to the forum. I play expensive tech, too. Here is what I have noticed about tech stealing. When stealing the early levels, I can get the whole thing all at one time, but as I move to later levels it takes more spy missions to get the complete tech. It might be based on a fixed money amount instead of percentage with the spy's abilities as a factor. Some later techs at the end of the tree take very many successful missions to fully steal. It was pretty impossible to get those.

That was my experience. With the patch changes to DW:U, this might have been adjusted to make it harder. I am not sure on this.
Old............but very fast
Flinkebeinchen

RE: Steal tech rate

Post by Flinkebeinchen »

You get a % amount of the tech based on the skill of your agent and the cost (tiers) of the techs. It doesn't matter if tech research is expensive or cheap.

Return to “Design and Modding”