[A.62] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.9)

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Hawkeye_BF

RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7)

Post by Hawkeye_BF »

wow looks great :)
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

:) thanks!
if you like some option more than others please tell :)
Alien Immersion (WIP) : tm.asp?m=3651979
Beyond Extended Universe (WIP): tm.asp?m=3657646
fruitgnome

Post by fruitgnome »

I prefere the 2nd the 4th - 6th are looking like pearls for me.
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

I think i might do 2nd... designs 4-6 might look odd with other weapon designs... and will lose its charm on design and alliance icons (circle = weapons, square = design, triangle = alliance)
Perhaps more wider scope needed for design decision .. I'll do more colored ones I think and that could give more complete picture...
Azuran

Post by Azuran »

I also like the 2nd.

1. I have a question about the Human Bloodlines. Aren't you missing Latino/ South American?

2. What do think about Blue League / Blue Guild instead of Blue pact?

3. Orion's Arm has lots of great sci fi inspiration you can use for the races, from cultures to governments to technology.

Here is governments:
http://www.orionsarm.com/eg-topic/45c7ef907eef1
Altrucracy - Text by Michael Beck and M. Alan Kazlev
Generic term for an extremely wide range of utopian government types, with the common feature being that superbright and hyperturing supervised use of chemicals and modulators are used to make the citizens more altruistic than they would otherwise be.

An insect race that uses pheromones to control their citizens would be interesting.

4. An idea, one of the races behaves like a consortium and likes build space ports everywhere to increase trade profits and a galactic trade network.
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

1. I didnt added it yet. I will consider to add them at post-main release stage (when all races unique character portraits will be done). They are still present tho are not as dominant at pure form as others, this also connets to Maori and some other almost extinct bloodlines. Humans for sure are not final yet.
2. Blue League - i like this one, but i already done alot of texts and stuff and Pact also refers to the nature of it - it formed by mainly selfish, pragmatic and phlegmatic aquatic and ursidian races, Ylta, Ortain, Haakonish and few others. and i felt word Pact (something about self-centered forces uniting in order to have united front and protect their interests) fitting this alliance.
3. Thanks for great read. I will browse it and perhaps some stuff will born from this. Thanks :)
4. I am not sure mechanic and game wise it will be strong decision, there is few very trade-oriented races, one of them is hardcore trade which played with bet on private sector - Such-Oos. There is huge variety of them iand i not sure it will be boni to be forced to build spaceports in every place, i actually do not like this, i prefer to add to race some character system bonuses or some trader group. Try Such-Oos - they are monster traders, they play for that with their weakness though and with their slow building times. they use unique cargo module and their frieghters can haul much more, and they are diplomatic race with bonuses on diplomacy. In addition to this they have Iocho. With Iocho they are fastest race to reach the end of Hi-tech tree. If they played right on both fronts of diplo and hi-tech and trade they can be monster private sector trade race with actuallt same network you talking about, since they settle everywhere.
Each trade race have own way to play it trade, there will be Teekan release soon they will also offer some options with trade.
Once i will release all trade races Character systems (there alot and htey should be different) there will be need to find something new , or may be wont, because options to mix races with addition of diplomacy and character systems are quite wide. Thank you for idea though, i will surely will consider it once i am done with what i have on the table and will test it.
:)
joproulx99

Post by joproulx99 »

4. An idea, one of the races behaves like a consortium and likes build space ports everywhere to increase trade profits and a galactic trade network.

Just throwing this out, back in shadows I made one ''race'' of galactic traders, using the merchant guild government and I removed their Military Ships Designs in the Template files.(Main Files too I think) Anyway I set the policy in war to always use pirates for everything, and made all bases and ports well armed/defended etc..

They were quite interesting to watch with OP economy from having no fleet to pay for :O, also they were feeding pirates like crazy xD.

They were not really meant to be played, just a concept, because they could add some serious challenge to the game in general.(depending on your settings of course)I gave them more agents that they would use at any time, and bonus to economy, on top of merchant guild gov. Also I set their bias to be very friendly with everyone except other merchant guilds.(gotta hate competition!)

Kinda inspired by the star wars Hott, legal space mafia or something :p, was cool, I might rework on this at some time.

I lost all my work when i changed PC
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

It's interesting concept, but for race I really do not like idea of not-player playable race. I changed Lemeresh from tha try for same reason. Each race have own unique character and feel it can offer to play at, different world to explore , which Beyond aims to create/emphasize. There are tons of unexplored combinations from just existing mechanics used by mod, so it not really makes sense to dive into more experiments and hard balancing while 50% of work is to be done yet.
It still great idea and I might base on it in future for new races when main job is done and devs will lift hard 50 race limit.

Another optiona that it gives is building is one of incoming races in disproportional balance between civilian construction speed and military construction speed and then provide to it tools/groups to allow to tune this difference into balance or into more disbalance, or just to improve military speeds slightly - but thats what i though already and thats what is coming for one of planned races character systems.
Blackstork

[A.61] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7)

Post by Blackstork »

Another teaser - all vector designs are ready as alpha black/white designs, what is left is to combine them and colour - to apply color/texture/gradient/volume effects

Ah and 2nd option will be final with little more highlight for the name (own bright gradient volume effect)
Hawkeye_BF

RE: [A.61] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7)

Post by Hawkeye_BF »

GREAT !!!
Kylan

RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod

Post by Kylan »

ORIGINAL: Blackstork

The interweb may have ruined me. All I see is Goatse in space :(
Goatse

Post by Goatse »

When trying to start a new game(custom as a standard empire, many pirates and they're strong) this happens - imgur.com/vO0Mzhb

System.NullReferenceException blahblah something about pirates. Am I missing something?

edit: ok, problem solved. I downloaded not everything firstly, a61 was missing. hint: you probably shouldn't name a link "all in one" if it's not all in one.
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

ORIGINAL: Goatse

When trying to start a new game(custom as a standard empire, many pirates and they're strong) this happens - imgur.com/vO0Mzhb

System.NullReferenceException blahblah something about pirates. Am I missing something?

edit: ok, problem solved. I downloaded not everything firstly, a61 was missing. hint: you probably shouldn't name a link "all in one" if it's not all in one.
ok will cange description, thanks
Goatse

Post by Goatse »

I would explain installation in this way
1. Download and Installation

Mod consists of
1. Base Package
(changes rarely; current version: ?, released: ?; next version ? will (probably) be released on ?)
mediafire.com/download/5moca25tj8uuwv4/Beyond_Extended_Universe_Alpha.zip (1.72 GB)
2. Update Package
(changes frequently; current version: A.61, released 20.09.2014; next version A.62(?) will (probably) be released on ?)
mediafire.com/download/ffhfz4j7vi3scnw/a.61.zip (93.68 MB)
3(optional). Soundtracks Package
(changes rarely; current version: ?, released ?; next version ? will (probably) be released on ?)
mediafire.com/download/2tpcm3g3lykns9x/Beyond_Soundtrack.zip (1.91 GB)

Installation order:

1. Download Base Package and extract folder "Beyond Extended Universe [Version]" →into→ [your DW:U installation path]/Customization/

2. Download Updage Package and extract contents →into→ DW:U/Customization/Beyond Extended Universe [Version]/

3(optional). Download Soundtracks Package and
1) Extract folder Soundtracks Package/Alliances/[YourRaceAlliance]/Sounds →into→ [your DW:U installation path]/Customization/Beyond Extended Universe [Version]/
2) Extract folder Soundtracks Package/Races/[YourRace]/Sounds →into→ [your DW:U installation path]/Customization/Beyond Extended Universe [Version]/

4. Game->Change Theme->Beyond Extended Universe

5. Play
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

ORIGINAL: Goatse

I would explain installation in this way
1. Download and Installation

Mod consists of
1. Base Package
(changes rarely; current version: ?, released: ?; next version ? will (probably) be released on ?)
mediafire.com/download/5moca25tj8uuwv4/Beyond_Extended_Universe_Alpha.zip (1.72 GB)
2. Update Package
(changes frequently; current version: A.61, released 20.09.2014; next version A.62(?) will (probably) be released on ?)
mediafire.com/download/ffhfz4j7vi3scnw/a.61.zip (93.68 MB)
3(optional). Soundtracks Package
(changes rarely; current version: ?, released ?; next version ? will (probably) be released on ?)
mediafire.com/download/2tpcm3g3lykns9x/Beyond_Soundtrack.zip (1.91 GB)

Installation order:

1. Download Base Package and extract folder "Beyond Extended Universe [Version]" →into→ [your DW:U installation path]/Customization/

2. Download Updage Package and extract contents →into→ DW:U/Customization/Beyond Extended Universe [Version]/

3(optional). Download Soundtracks Package and
1) Extract folder Soundtracks Package/Alliances/[YourRaceAlliance]/Sounds →into→ [your DW:U installation path]/Customization/Beyond Extended Universe [Version]/
2) Extract folder Soundtracks Package/Races/[YourRace]/Sounds →into→ [your DW:U installation path]/Customization/Beyond Extended Universe [Version]/

4. Game->Change Theme->Beyond Extended Universe

5. Play

Thanks for effort, i will almost copy paste it. This was very helpful. :)
Edit: added it to OP. thanks! :)
Azuran

Post by Azuran »

Is A.62 coming out this weekend?
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Yea, it is. :)
SirFinbar

Post by SirFinbar »

I'm gonna do a Caleph pedia entry today.

These guys are just too damn cool. ;p
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Great! So we will have 3 complete pedia entries with new design.
I got some family stuff theese days so there some chances that release could be not Sat but Sun

Also, yeah. Calephs are very cool, cant wait till you do detailed school descriptions :)
On release i will do final designs, and then send material so you could do it all at-once (write, format and add logos and new icons)

Will begreat if you tell me your next races - so i can prepare images of logos / fancy name titles and send them to you :)
Cheers
SirFinbar

Post by SirFinbar »

ORIGINAL: Azuran
Here is governments:
http://www.orionsarm.com/eg-topic/45c7ef907eef1

Hey man, I'll give this a look for any future Pedia entries. Thanks for the link.

Return to “Design and Modding”