CLOSED SHC players to play 1.08 vs myself as GHC

For non-server PBEM games, post here to look for an opponent.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Peltonx

CLOSED SHC players to play 1.08 vs myself as GHC

Post by Peltonx »

1941 GC Sudden Death or Alt VC260
Server game
Locked HQ Support
Full FOW

House Rules:
No Para drops at all.
No bombing of air bases more than 3 times a turn (after turn 1)
No bombing of HQ's unless stacked with a ground unit
No naval invasions before November 1941, none outside the 1939 Soviet borders before January 1943
In addition if Sevastopol is either isolated, or in German hands, none west of the Crimea,
which reflects the scope for air/naval interdiction not really reflected in the game.

Additional Auto VC:
If the Axis player holds
Leningrad, Moscow, Voronezh and Rostov concurrently at any time in 1941 he wins
an Auto Victory. No need to waste any ones time as we all know the end results based on past games if these cities fall in 1941.

Optional Rules Setup:

Mild Blizzard Rules
Non Random Weather
No 1-1 = 2-1
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Peltonx

RE: Looking for experienced SHC players to play 1.08 vs myself as GHC.

Post by Peltonx »

I have one taker 2 more wanted.
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
821Bobo

Post by 821Bobo »

How do you manage to run 3 games? Once I had been playing 2 WitE games and 1 WitP simultaneously and I was not able to handle it.
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: 821Bobo

How do you manage to run 3 games? Once I had been playing 2 WitE games and 1 WitP simultaneously and I was not able to handle it.

I have always done 3 at a time and at times 5.

If it looks like one of the 3 will be over in 41-42 I will start another, but generally after a large patch I will start 3.

So I am still looking for 2 more.
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

Pelton, we can try it :)
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: Callistrid

Pelton, we can try it :)

Cool and I do see by AAR you know what your doing.

2 down 1 to go.
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

3 for 3
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

Hi all and especially brother Pelton,

Pelton, got a game going with one of your "fish". It's his axis turn 6 (PBEM). I'm afraid to open it.

Somebody help me!! Help! Help! But all I hear is laughter. Sigh. Better face up to a good butt stomping.

Well so much for my "wall of steel", Lgrad, 3rd and 4th Pz grps, gassed up around Pskov, t 5, blew right through 3 lines, all the way to the forts on the S Neva.
schascha

Post by schascha »

some screenies please [&o]
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

Hi S, Not set up for the real nice screenshots, like other guys do, yet. Just imagine, 12 pz/mot concentrated around Pskov, my recon shows this. Sov 8th army is defending Novgorod and two hexes before Nrod. The critical battle is the attack on Nrod, 39th Pz corp v 2 rifle divs of 8th army. Odds 2.2 to one and that the last obstacle, just HQ and airbases to displace after that. Def cv with level one fort (plus 87%) was 20 all fort levels destroyed by level 3 eng (no pioneers). It was close and I might have held if I had replaced the 8th army commander (still had the original), I was going to do the replacement next turn.

The screenshot could show the set up but nothing about command integrity, who's in charge, or su's. Another screenshot could show all the battles, about 12, some of the retreated stuff had to be pushed aside. The fort line on the s Neva stopped the advance, but the rail line to Lgrad is toast and about 20 of my best divs are to the west and will probably get cut off and pocketed soon enough.

The attack is just straight ahead Pskov to just east of Lgrad. I'm in this way over my head for sure.
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: charlie0311

Hi all and especially brother Pelton,

Pelton, got a game going with one of your "fish". It's his axis turn 6 (PBEM). I'm afraid to open it.

Somebody help me!! Help! Help! But all I hear is laughter. Sigh. Better face up to a good butt stomping.

Well so much for my "wall of steel", Lgrad, 3rd and 4th Pz grps, gassed up around Pskov, t 5, blew right through 3 lines, all the way to the forts on the S Neva.

Who are you playing?

Play Hoooper, Kamil, Bomazz, MT, Flaviusx, Sapper, TDV to name a few that are good SHC players, then what your post will carry some weight.

Sure we can make some newbie look bad.

Straw men are not real men.
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Manstein63

Post by Manstein63 »

Pelton,
I think he is playing as The Soviet player not the Axis

Charlie,
Don't worry if he has 2 Panzer Gruppe's going to Leningrad there is not much that you can do to stop him, just try to delay as much as possible. If you can keep them tied up around the Leningrad area the drive towards Moscow wont be as strong.
Manstein63
'There is not, nor aught there be, nothing so exalted on the face of god's great earth, as that prince of foods. THE MUFFIN!!!'

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

Hi all,

My opponent has graciously agreed to restart our game at turn 3. I don't expect my posts to carry weight, they are for the amusement of the players only. I am very happy to have chance to improve my skill level by playing against a more knowledgeable guy.

Thx to other respondents for participating.

Brother P, I will get the name to you in due time, let's have a little fun with suspense.
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

eed to restart our game at turn 3. I don't expect my posts to carry weight, they are for the amusement of the players only. I am very happy to have chance to improve my skill level by playing against a more knowledgeable guy.

I belive sapper222 tach us how to win the war in 1941. The undefendable german strategy is to concentrate 3 panzer army against Leningrad, and the city will fall in 7-8 turn against skilled player. Less against new one.

Maintime on center just build the rail lines, and on the rest turn Moscow can be take with the massive 20-25 mot division, plus the full north and center infantry divisions.

1:1=2:1 rule just slow the process, but not really harm the german.
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: Manstein63

Pelton,
I think he is playing as The Soviet player not the Axis

Charlie,
Don't worry if he has 2 Panzer Gruppe's going to Leningrad there is not much that you can do to stop him, just try to delay as much as possible. If you can keep them tied up around the Leningrad area the drive towards Moscow wont be as strong.
Manstein63

Thanks

and

what he said
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

Hi all,

The cat's out of the bag now. Now I want to wait for .08 and see how much of a "fish" Calli is.

May as well ask a question while I'm here. In the early turns sov arm/mot has MP 16-18, not so good (can't make deliberate attacks for all practical purposes). Putting these arm/mot units under leadership with high admin and initiative should help some, as both help with the MPs. Poorly phased, try, can you increase the MP's of the arm/mot in the early turns by means of leadership changes? Should have added the 16-18 MP's are with plenty of fuel.
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: Callistrid
eed to restart our game at turn 3. I don't expect my posts to carry weight, they are for the amusement of the players only. I am very happy to have chance to improve my skill level by playing against a more knowledgeable guy.

I belive sapper222 tach us how to win the war in 1941. The undefendable german strategy is to concentrate 3 panzer army against Leningrad, and the city will fall in 7-8 turn against skilled player. Less against new one.

Maintime on center just build the rail lines, and on the rest turn Moscow can be take with the massive 20-25 mot division, plus the full north and center infantry divisions.

1:1=2:1 rule just slow the process, but not really harm the german.

Sapper has also lost vs the better SHC players so not so sure that will work.

The port = HQBU cheese just might get nerfed [:D]
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

Pelton, just imagine, how to defend leningrad on T04-05, against 3 german panzer army :)
HQBU, 50 MP, maximum CV, plus the support of the 6th and 18th army.
821Bobo

Post by 821Bobo »

Pelton tried it vs MT and failed.
tm.asp?m=3162325&mpage=1&key=
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

821B, your reference is to Pelton right hook, with 7 PZ/mots. Not really similar to what Calli is proposing. Unless I'm really missing something.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”