Brass Drum

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

tk208

RE: Brass Drum

Post by tk208 »

double post
tk208

Post by tk208 »

ORIGINAL: T6Simtek

Yes, detecting them was never a problem for me. I just cant seem to destroy them.

Fair enough, at least I'll be able to avoid them lol.
CV32

Post by CV32 »

This was one of the first scenarios I tackled when the game first came out.

Mine clearing was a functional issue then, and now that I've reinstalled the game, I am curious whether it has been resolved? Can't quite tell from this thread.
Brad Leyte
HC3 development group member for HCE
Author of HCDB official database for HCE
Harpgamer.com Co-Owner
tk208

Post by tk208 »

I cleared a few mines last time I played it, unfortunately the platforms clearing them were a DDG and an Anphib lol, choppers will detect them easy enough but wont do anything about it.

At least they didn't in my game.
RoccoNZ

Post by RoccoNZ »

I really enjoy this scenario, but it also has a big negative from my perspective - the ammo selection on the aircraft tends to force you to either waste a huge amount of time rearming, or you need to follow a relatively prescriptive way of targeting the enemy.

In the latest build, the ammo selection doesn't have any weapons with penetrating warheads, and only has 2 aircraft with cluster-type munitions. While all games (and scenarios) are a suspension of reality, I read the scenario briefing for this one and think that the battle group commander (i.e ME) would have had reasonably opportunity to brief his subordinates about his targeting priorities as they approached the AO.

IMHO this scenario would be significantly improved if all three US ship groups were moved out to sea further, the aircraft set to Reserve/available the the scenario made longer to account for an initial ammo selection and greater transit time. The scoring (if you choose to follow it) could use some tweaking too (I like the public opinion element in scoring, but I find it hard to believe that loosing a single F-35is 25% worse than sinking a entire submarine).

Return to “The War Room”