Redeeming your Steam key

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Surtur

Redeeming your Steam key

Post by Surtur »

*** EDIT ***

The process of redeeming a Steam key has been changed because of the new site design. Please see the new instructions here:
https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 58&t=93585

djoos5

RE: Redeeming your Steam key

Post by djoos5 »

Do we have to get a Steam Key? Will all future releases for CMANO only be available through Steam?
mllange

Post by mllange »

I'm pleased with this announcement. Personally I prefer to have Steam available as an option.
There's a simple answer to every complex question - and it's wrong.
-Umberto Eco
salsendardo

Post by salsendardo »

Awesome. Thanks for giving us Steam as an option. I will say that I registered my key and received a steam key. The game is now in my Steam library, albeit locked at the moment. No problems with the process.
hellfish6

Post by hellfish6 »

I really like Steam. This makes me a little happy. Will we still be able to use beta updates?
hellfish6

Post by hellfish6 »

Oh, and will Steam Workshop work for this? Might be a cool/simple way of updating database pics, scenarios and stuff.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Not initially, but we do want to make use of the Steam features down the road.
Surtur

Post by Surtur »

ORIGINAL: djoos5

Do we have to get a Steam Key? Will all future releases for CMANO only be available through Steam?

Don't worry, if you do not wish to use Steam, nothing will change and all future updates will be available to non-Steam versions as well :)
Feltan

Post by Feltan »

ORIGINAL: Surtur01

ORIGINAL: djoos5

Don't worry, if you do not wish to use Steam, nothing will change and all future updates will be available to non-Steam versions as well :)

That is good to hear. I am not a fan of Valve/Steam, and would be greatly disappointed if CMANO was too closely linked to it.

No rants. No laundry list of issues to present. Rather, suffice to say I don't buy games that are dependent on Steam; I won't load it on my computer. If CMANO has the option for Steam -- fine, no problem. I understand why and that some people/clients/customers prefer it. I simply don't, and appreciate the intent to allow non-Steam participation.

Regards,
Feltan
warshipbuilder

Post by warshipbuilder »

I'm with Feltan.
warshipbuilder

Any ship can be a minesweeper, once.
ED/BTR Ressurection Project
https://www.bombercommandmuseumarchives.ca/
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Steam is just another store we're selling Command in and you do not have to convert if you don't want to.

Mike
Feltan

Post by Feltan »

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

Steam is just another store we're selling Command in and you do not have to convert if you don't want to.

Mike

Thanks Mike. I hope it is a successful addition for you guys, and that you realize additional sales revenue. You have an outstanding product with a limited install base, the more people you reach the better.

Regards,
Feltan
SSN754planker

Post by SSN754planker »

Good to hear that youre viewing it as just another store. I looked into trying to obtain my Steam key "just to have it" and was totally confused by the process.

MY BOOK LIST
ST1/SS SSN 754
STKS

Post by STKS »

ORIGINAL: hellfish6

Oh, and will Steam Workshop work for this? Might be a cool/simple way of updating database pics, scenarios and stuff.

Seconded, workshop for scenarios / units / import lists would be awesome.
Casinn

Post by Casinn »

As I said many months back, love to see cmano on Steam... just for the sales benefit I think it will see. Like to see you guys rewarded for the fine work and dedication to this project!
$trummer

Post by $trummer »

I am eager to integrate CMANO with Steam in order to manage/automate updates. I have my Steam key, generated by my original CMANO download key, but I am not sure how to use this to bring the game into Steam. I do not think it's via the Steam?Games/Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library service . I suspect the Steam key is used to re-purchase the game on Steam, obviously free of charge. However, the game is not yet for sale on Steam. Can anyone confirm or correct my assumptions here and let me know if there is anything I should be doing now with my Steam Key rather than wait intil the game goes on sale at Steam on the 26th? Many thanks.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

No I think you just need to get your key and wait for release. Once that happens it will be like any other steam game.
Mike
$trummer

Post by $trummer »

So if I buy the game on Steam using my key, does that mean I will have a redundant install on my HD that I should delete? Or will it simply integrate my current install into Steam? Sorry about the boring questions but I try to be as tidy as possible in managing file storage on my PC. Many thanks.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

If you already own the game you don't need to buy anything. Just redeem your key.(Look at Surtur's post at the top of the page)

If you don't want to use steam we'll be releasing an update shortly which you can update in the usual way.

Thanks!

Mike
$trummer

Post by $trummer »

But where so I input the Steam key once I have it? In CMANO? On the Steam Store page? In other words, what do I do with the Steam key in order to convert CMANO into a game for which Steam will handle updates? Again, I apologise if I am being obtuse; Mike, you are a very patient man.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”