An upgrade

Frank Hunter's Campaigns on the Danube is an operational study of the campaigns along the Danube in 1805 and 1809. Campaigns on the Danube's system focuses on trying to present the player with the same sort of decisions placed on their historical counterparts; how to feed an army and move that army according to a plan, all the while trying to fight a campaign. There is also an option to allow players to play out the battles with miniatures and input the results.
governato

RE: An upgrade. When?

Post by governato »

So I wrote to Matrix ... very politely suggesting to 'hurry up already' releasing the upgrade [:)]
Below is their reply:

"Thank you for contacting us. I can only say that production expects to release it soon, probably next week. We will probably do first a public beta before officially releasing it."
Kai

Post by Kai »

Funny that I've waited patiently so long for this release, but now that it's close, I find the waiting to be excruciating. Instant gratification is so much better than delayed gratification.

tombo

Post by tombo »

...im waitig too for update prior to purchase. Hurry before the $$ goes else where. hehe.
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

still waiting, what is happening?
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

????? waiting still, sadly
AP514

Post by AP514 »

WOW....I Guess Matrix is slow when it comes to putting out something they don't make money off of....

1 month + and counting from when Frank posted the patch was ready...........

Still looking for any news on VOL.2...Throw us a bone Frank :)
tombo

Post by tombo »

...yea. what AP said. Lets go matrix!
Kai

Post by Kai »

It's here!

Downloading now.

Thanks!!!!
SteveD64

Post by SteveD64 »

Thinking of buying this game. Does the new patch mean I can play this on a Windows 8.1 OS?
berto

Post by berto »

Screenshots showcasing the new high-res, larger-screen modes please!
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
gcbisset

Post by gcbisset »

I own the old pre-Matrix version, which someone on the forum said still works in Win 8. Will the patch work with it, or do I need a new key or something?

Incidently, the miniatures option is brilliant and almost unique to Adanac, Id like to see that in many more strategy games.
Im retired in Costa Rica, and play miniatures every day, so the pace of my games is too rapid to depend on other players. I need to enter tactical results every day and continue the campaign.

I would love to see a crude map editor, as I don't think Frank can cover the whole world, or even all Europe in my lifetime. Id be happy to pay for such a thing.

Keep up the good work, Frank!

George

[&o]
Ralph1961

RE: An upgrade

Post by Ralph1961 »

I purchased the game during the Christmas sale. Hopefully I'll have some time to learn the system.
Any chance of a 1600x900 resolution? I know I have a relatively weak and outdated pc, kids in college means no $$$ for new pc.

Return to “Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809”