HQ question

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

LeeChard

HQ question

Post by LeeChard »

When I am changing a squadrons HQ's I will normally change it to an overall command like Southeast Asia instead of specifically, for example, Tenth USAAF which is under Southeast Asia's overall command.
Is there a reason I should not automatically do this?
Jim D Burns

RE: HQ question

Post by Jim D Burns »

Many times the overall HQ will be far away and out of theater or have a different target planned for. I believe there is a bonus if a squadron is within a certain range of its assigned HQ (not 100% sure) and local HQs may have preparation set for the squadrons current base or the target location which may help.

Jim
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

ORIGINAL: Ranger5355

When I am changing a squadrons HQ's I will normally change it to an overall command like Southeast Asia instead of specifically, for example, Tenth USAAF which is under Southeast Asia's overall command.

Yes, there are very good reasons why you should not continue this practice.

Read s.16.2 and 16.2.3 of the manual.

Squadrons not assigned to the right HQs can find it more difficult, to the point of it being even impossible under certain circumstances, to get replacements or have an aircraft model upgrade.

Alfred
LeeChard

Post by LeeChard »

Thanks Alfred, That clears it up, I had been looking for the info under HQ rules.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: Alfred

ORIGINAL: Ranger5355

Yes, there are very good reasons why you should not continue this practice.

Read s.16.2 and 16.2.3 of the manual.

Squadrons not assigned to the right HQs can find it more difficult, to the point of it being even impossible under certain circumstances, to get replacements or have an aircraft model upgrade.

Alfred

I can attest to this, but I still haven't entirely figured it out. Just pay attention to HQ assignments and HQ placements, it's a significant deal. Generally speaking, HQs can support troops not assigned to them. When it comes to air units, that is not the whole truth. I believe the supply level at the base also has a major effect, but I don't understand exactly what it is.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”