So is Command Ops officially dead from this site?

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

aaatoysandmore

So is Command Ops officially dead from this site?

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Did they pack up and move for real? If so which way did they go george which way did they go? [:D]
Arjuna

RE: So is Command Ops officially dead from this site?

Post by Arjuna »

We will still respond here for matters relating to the existing titles. For new stuff go to www.panthergames.com and log into the forums there.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Thanks Arjuna. I'd hate to lose you guys games.
altipueri

Post by altipueri »

Please remind me what I have top do to get HTTR files to work with 279 update. Something about members area but I'm not sure I ever was - I tried logging in with just about every name and password I can recall using.

What is happening about Mediterranean pack or should I buy Greek pack as is or should I go to new Panther games site? Now the nights are drawing in I want a nice sunny setting for some battles rather than the dank dark cold Ardennes. I visited Bastogne in January a few years back; glad I wasn't there 70 years ago.

Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

If you have forgotten your login details contact Matrix Support. They will get you into your Member's area.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

Alti, for BfG and HTTR to work with .279 without having to fiddle with things, go to Members Area, download and install the Greek and HTTR data packs. BfG - if you haven't got it - is separate from the med pack, which is being worked on. All the already released titles you buy from here still. There's nothing (as yet) to buy over at panthergames.com There are many sunny scenarios in BfG.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Just to be clear, we will continue to support our customers even though future development and sales on these titles is coming to and end. Per our discussions with Dave, if there are any future updates for the Command Ops titles sold through Matrix, the updates will also work with the Matrix releases.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
altipueri

Post by altipueri »

Well I just finally logged in to members and it won't accept my serial number for HTTR. So a support note sent.

Now I would have thought things were clever enough these days such that when I updated to .279 it says "Oh, you've also got HTTR, so we'll update that too."

One thing with old age is that you don't half lose your rag easily when you feel you are being pissed around.
Moltke71

Post by Moltke71 »

Eric,

I downloaded and unzipped the Greek pack. How do I install?
Jim Cobb
Moltke71

Post by Moltke71 »

Never Mind. Just unzip the files directly to the BFTB folder. So simple.
Jim Cobb
ribaluigi

Post by ribaluigi »

Dear Bismark,

to install any scenario pack you should:
i) prior to anything update the game with the last patch;

1) download the scenario pack;
2) extract it;
3) copy it in Command Ops directory, something like (...\Matrix Games\Battles from the Bulge).

Done!

Moltke71

Post by Moltke71 »

Thanks. Already did all that and it works fine. I was expecting an install exe but that's unnecessary.
Jim Cobb
Perturabo

Post by Perturabo »

Damn, looks like their forums require having a google account. Just great.
springel

Post by springel »

Not the Lock and Load forum, that is now the permanent location for Command Ops 2

http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/forums/ ... series.28/
altipueri

Post by altipueri »

So is the Med pack going to be here or in Australia?

Or not at all?

I'm pretty disappointed in Matrix and Panther over this.
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

I just wonder how the landed in bed with a board/cardgame publisher..
Is the Lock and Load forum the right spot or the Panther forum for the old/new Comamnd Ops?
USS Wyoming

Post by USS Wyoming »

I've signed up for the new forums at lnlpublishing, which is the new home for CO at this time. My guess is the publisher wanted to get into more digital gaming and liked the CO model. They are working diligently on CO2, but it will be a new game engine, so it doesn't work with the original CO.
That's bad for me because I only have BftB and none of the expansion packs. You can't buy Command Ops anywhere at this time, so anyone wanting to expand there CO experience will have to wait for CO2 to be released.

They will be offering a free beta that includes the new engine and they are sincerely looking for regular feedback and suggestions for CO2. I'm a little concerned because the new forums are a little clunky, but the CO2 thread is by far the most active.

They will be offering a special 90 day introduction price for CO2 that includes scenarios and OOBs from all the expansion packs. I would be shocked if an EF expansion pack didn't follow.
Perturabo

Post by Perturabo »

It's a shame the expansion packs are no longer sold. CO2 has higher system requirements, so some people got locked out of expansions until they'll buy new hardware.
altipueri

Post by altipueri »

Although I've got CO2 I actually prefer the CO1 games as I play on a laptop and the CO2 overlays really require a second screen.

Quite why Panther/Matrix couldn't continue selling the old ones beats me. Matrix still try and sell the old Slitherine game Spartan.
HvMoltke

Post by HvMoltke »

Maybe there is a deal with Matrix to no longer sell the CO1 game. But is there anyone in the comunity who sells his copy of CO1 and some expansions

I agree with altepureri
[quote]ORIGINAL: altipueri

Although I've got CO2 I actually prefer the CO1 games as I play on a laptop and the CO2 overlays really require a second screen
[;)]

Return to “Command Ops Series”