Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1126b updated 17 Sept 2016

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

witpqs

RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1123x10 updated 23 August 2014

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Ginetto

I installed and played WITP/AE Beta 1123*10. It works very well. I noticed, though, that compared to the earlier official version of the game, there are some differences in how the game plays.
1. Air-to-air intercepts are less frequent and air battles much briefer, Have a look at the notes. Lots of changes since the last "official".
2. Pre-1944 American torpedoes work a bit better - less duds than in the original game. Statistical fluke in your play so far. Play 10,000 more turns for a better sample.
Is all this an intentional change of algorithms or is there a glitch somewhere?
Thanks.
G
CaseLogic

Post by CaseLogic »

I was tinkering with the editor for the first time, and toying with the idea of reducing build rates and adding some diabled factories for some allied plane types when I noticed this in the notes:

23/12/12: 1121a - Suppressed build rate if device has to be built from production/resources

Does this also cover allied planes? If I add some disabled factories of SBD-2s to Attu island does this mean that the production I can get going out there will be all I get, supressing whatever is in the build rate field in the editor, or is this only for japanese production?

Edit: After some more sniffing around, I'm guessing plane production is not affected.
My guess would be this is only covering Devices in the devices tab in editor that has the "Can build"-flag set to Yes. Anyway, if anyone has certain info it would be appreciated. [:)]
Ginetto

Post by Ginetto »

Got it, thanks.
Gino
Jones944

Post by Jones944 »

I believe I have found a minor bug with the 1123x9 patch. I have not as yet confirmed it exists in the 1123x10 version as I haven't yet upgraded.

To recreate, first select the "Show TFs based here" button on a base screen with task forces that have the base as their home base. In my case, this was Batavia.

The list of task forces based at Batavia comes up. All is good so far and very helpful!

Select one of the task forces from the list.

Rebase the task force out of harm's way.

Click the "Back" button from the task force screen to get back to the list of task forces based at Batavia. However (this is the bug), this screen is now non-responsive to any input. No buttons can be pressed or anything selected. The only way out is to select the task force icon at the bottom of the screen to bring up the task force screen. Buttons work on the task force screen so the "Back" and "Exit" buttons will get you back to no screens visible.

Shouldn't be too hard to fix, eh? [:)]

Thanks for the excellent work in keeping this game the best there is!
"Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war" - William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar"
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

Do you have the save where I can do your specific steps with that base and TF?
When I try it, I go back to the base screen not the "based at" screen.
Michael
Jones944

Post by Jones944 »

ORIGINAL: michaelm

Do you have the save where I can do your specific steps with that base and TF?
When I try it, I go back to the base screen not the "based at" screen.
Now I can't recreate it consistently either! I did it once, but then every time after I go back to the base screen as you are seeing. However, shouldn't it always go back to the "based at" screen list anyway? I'll keep searching to see if I can get it to happen consistently and through a save-reload cycle so I can give you something to work with.
"Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war" - William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar"
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

Screen linking has always been difficult in AE as it uses its own windowing system. There could be some set of window linking that gives unexpected results - I found one while trying to replicate this. But then it worked ...[:D]
Michael
Ginetto

Post by Ginetto »

Thanks, qs. I'll take your word for it and skip testing with 10000 torpedo attacks.
Those difficult air intercepts over CV TF's make for a higher pucker factor when Vals, Bettys etc start hurtling down.
Gino
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

*brainfart* [:D]
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Chuske

RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1123x9 updated 28 June 2014

Post by Chuske »

ORIGINAL: General Patton

When you select a range for an aircraft, say a F4F, Hit the button to set all F4F's at this base. That will change all F4F's to the selected range. There are a couple of short cuts available on the air unit screen. See if you can use them....GP

Thanks but I already use the shortcuts but even with them its still a lot of clicking if you want to reduce ops losses by setting all airgroups on map to normal range rather than extended.

So granted its not much effort the change range of one plane type at one base but as soon as you have a base with many types with differing ranges or if you want to change range at many bases it becomes a massive click fest.

My point is if airgroups started at normal range or could be set on mass would be easier as then you'd just set the odd group you needed to fly extended range missions.

Maybe not practical but thought no harm in throwing the idea out there [:)]
The user formerly known as jonboym

WITP:AE - Useful Info for Beginners

WitW Tutorials

WitW Beta/Alpha Tester
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

They all do start at normal range, at least on the IJ side. Player had to change that range.
Pax
miv792

Post by miv792 »

The Japanese began to lay mines from aircraft since 14 January 42 in the strait of RIO.
Is it possible then to move on the use of mines as possible for the Japanese to the aircraft.
Sorry for my english
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

ORIGINAL: miv79

The Japanese began to lay mines from aircraft since 14 January 42 in the strait of RIO.
Is it possible then to move on the use of mines as possible for the Japanese to the aircraft.
Do not believe this works, or at least I do not know anyone who has gotten IJ air mines to work. Sub mines, yes. air mines, no.
Pax
Quixote

Post by Quixote »

Do not believe this works, or at least I do not know anyone who has gotten IJ air mines to work. Sub mines, yes. air mines, no.

I don't tend to do a lot of air mining regardless of side, and I haven't done any real testing on it, but I do know that air mining does at least work for both sides.

Attachments
JapanAirMines.jpg
JapanAirMines.jpg (295.95 KiB) Viewed 392 times
DanSez

Post by DanSez »

And I see the date of 5 Oct 1944.
A threshold date for that capability?
The Commander's job is to orchestrate and direct the three major dimensions of combat - space, time and force. Shattered Sword, the Untold Story of the Battle of Midway
Quixote

Post by Quixote »

Sorry Dan - The only test I've ever run on air dropped mines as Japan is the one above, just to see if it was possible after hearing so many times that it wasn't. The above game isn't even mine - I used one from an old Tech Support thread after helping someone else with their game. There may well be a date for activation, but I personally don't know what that date is.
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

ORIGINAL: DanSez

And I see the date of 5 Oct 1944.
A threshold date for that capability?

See page 152 of the manual.

Mining by air is not possible before 1943.

Alfred
obvert

Post by obvert »

ORIGINAL: Quixote

I don't tend to do a lot of air mining regardless of side, and I haven't done any real testing on it, but I do know that air mining does at least work for both sides.

I can add to this that it does work, for both sides.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
btd64

Post by btd64 »

michaelm, In one of the patches you added( I think it was you[:)]) the daily saves to the save game list. These saves are accessable only while you have the game running. Is it possible to have them stay in the save game list, in game, and have them over right the oldest save when it runs out of save slots? For example, when I end the orders phase the game saves in slot 2, and at the end of turn resolution the game saves in the next available slot after 10( I think). But when you exit the game, all of those saves are lost. Can it be setup so they stay in the save game list and just over-write the oldest?
Or is this function there already and I just missed it?....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Just asking once again if it'd be possible to have hotkey for "Patrol around hex". Would save few clicks when planning my submarine campaign.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Return to “Tech Support”