What game is most like AH's Stalingrad?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

wodin

RE: What game is most like AH's Stalingrad?

Post by wodin »

I got it working using defend reloaded.

ORIGINAL: radic202

This is also amongst my favorite Games: Image[/img]

I have tried everything to get it to work on modern PCs but to no avail. I even got an electronic (yes I still have the boxed copy of it and "Operation Crusader and America Invades D-Day") copy of it via "abandonware site" and still can't get it to work on my gaming PC even with Dosbot. More of a "me" problem than anything else.

And I like you have never found anything real close to it. Please share if you find something worthwhile.
radic202

Post by radic202 »

Thanks Gang and thanks wodin for the PM, will attempt this on the weekend.
It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

FYI. Russian Front Release Announcement.
Elgin, Scotland — September 18th, 2014 — Hunted Cow’s first WW2 grand strategy game Russian Front, developed jointly by Electric Rune and HexWar, releases today on PC, Mac and Android tablets. An iPad version is also in development and due for release in early October.

We shall see how this one works out?
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
wodin

Post by wodin »

Hunted Cow...meh...waiting for them to develop something with substance as some unique gameplay features. They have the job of converting Decision Games wargames which doesn' fill me with comnfidence esp as they have some games I'd love to see converted to the PC.
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

ORIGINAL: wodin
Hunted Cow...meh...waiting for them to develop something with substance as some unique gameplay features.

I've not been interested in their tactical games. This appears to be a step in the right direction toward operational level games? And it's got the scale and scope of the classic Russian Campaign game that I'm interested in. iPad version won't be out for a couple weeks while they deal with some iOS8 issue, then I'll get it and see how it goes. Should be ok for a few bucks. Not WITE quality for sure, but I don't want that either. Fast & fun and not terribly inaccurate would be fine.
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer

Return to “General Discussion”