Are we getting another patch, or just the unofficial patches?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Rison

Are we getting another patch, or just the unofficial patches?

Post by Rison »

MichaelM, your my hero. I am no sure who is still working on this game, but whoever is in addition to MichaelM, your my hero too.

Simple question: Will there ever be another 'official' patch, or from here on out, are we just going to rock the 'unofficial' patches?

Don't get me wrong, the unofficial patches are great, but many are not using them because they either don't know about them, or because they see them as, well, unofficial.

Thanks in advance

Chad
wdolson

RE: Are we getting another patch, or just the unofficial patches?

Post by wdolson »

Official patches go through Matrix's release process and they work on their own schedule. They probably will make another official release at some point, but you probably shouldn't be too hung up on the "official" label.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

ORIGINAL: wdolson

They probably will make another official release at some point, ...
Very happy to read this from you. I didn't think Slytherin was even considering another release for this game.
Pax
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

I don't talk to Matrix/Slitherine unless there is some moderator problem that is beyond my permissions, so I'm no expert. It's just speculation on my part.

Bill
Rison

Post by Rison »

Bill

Sounds good and thanks for the update. Don't get me wrong, I use the 'unofficial' patches and have really enjoyed them. Have always been curious though if it will permanently be 'unofficial' or if we will ever get a 'official' patch.

Either way, we get to enjoy the hard work of your team.

Thanks again

Chad
LeeChard

Post by LeeChard »

I don't talk to Matrix/Slitherine unless there is some moderator problem that is beyond my permissions, so I'm no expert. It's just speculation on my part.

Bill
Do you have an idea of what improvements are being considered?
Amoral

Post by Amoral »

ORIGINAL: Ranger5355

Bill
Do you have an idea of what improvements are being considered?

The would almost certainly use the existing Beta patch. If you want to know what a hypothetical official patch would be like you can experience it with the latest beta.

wdolson

Post by wdolson »

The only thing I know is probably on the table is an eventual release of the existing beta as an official patch. I can't speak to any other plans.

Bill
Omat

Post by Omat »

Hello

How about the idea to create the an official patch with every hing from the old patch with the new beta exe and plus Andy Mac´s unofficial data scen updates?

I mean this here:

tm.asp?m=3198064

Than it would quite complete.

Omat

The only thing I know is probably on the table is an eventual release of the existing beta as an official patch. I can't speak to any other plans.

Bill
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
Bertrand Russell
Reg

Post by Reg »

Why is everyone getting so hung up on official patches?? [&:]

The latest version of everything is currently available for download and once it goes official, development will be frozen.

The way it currently is, if a bug is identified then it will be fixed and a new Beta released for our testing and review. This is the Spiral software development model in action. The best I saw was a turn around time of 2 hours between my report and the updated executable being released (Apparently MichaelM took a lunch break [:D])

If you are concerned about which version is the real WITP-AE, just pick one with the agreement of your PBEM opponent. If you don't like the latest, pick another version. They are all done by the official programmer.

Personally, I would like to see the improvements keep on coming though the new Beta releases are becoming less frequent so we must be getting close.....

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!
btd64

Post by btd64 »

Reg, To complete your last sentence, ...to perfection. And I agree with you. Everything we need is right here on this forum.[:)]....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”