SA-5 NCTR Issue

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Coiler12

SA-5 NCTR Issue

Post by Coiler12 »

The SA-5's Square Pair radar was stated as having an NCTR capability. Unfortunately, when I put an easy target near an "Ace"-ranked SA-5, the radar failed to identify it. Manually turning on the Square Pairs that normally stay off until the launchers prepare to fire didn't help. Save attached.
Attachments
SA5NCTRIssue.zip
(7.15 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
mikmykWS

RE: SA-5 NCTR Issue

Post by mikmykWS »

Thanks Coiler. We'll take a look.

Mike
Coiler12

Post by Coiler12 »

Good news and bad news.
Good news: The NCTR mode works, meaning that there isn't an issue that prevents it from coming up at all.
Bad news: The NCTR mode for the Square Pair only works against targets the SA-5 site is already shooting at.

Basically, it goes like this, which I found after much testing:
-Other NCTR systems are either search radars or always-on (for lack of a better word, think Aegis) FCRs.
-The Square Pair isn't automatically on until it's time to fire, like other SAM FCRs, especially of that time period.
-Manually turning it on, or even setting targets to "unfriendly" doesn't mean it tracks the target, it means that the radar just emits uselessly.
-What consistently works is marking the target hostile (either through engage non-hostiles or manually marking it), which means the Square Pair does target them-and thanks to the long range of the missiles, means that in almost all cases, the NCTR mode doesn't activate until the target is being fired upon.
kneecaps

Post by kneecaps »

I hope the NCTR "facillities" on the Square Pair are extremely poor at identifying anything other than large 1950s-1970s props?

Return to “Tech Support”