Sapper222 vs Callistrid (no Sapper222 pls)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Peltonx

RE: Sapper222 vs Callistrid (no Sapper222 pls)

Post by Peltonx »

Good job.
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Flaviusx

Post by Flaviusx »

Sapper got a little too clever here for his own good, evidently. But this was a near run thing for the Sovs. Grats to Callistrid for hanging tough, I might've pulled out earlier and lost the chance to trash AGS. Sometimes you gotta roll them bones.

Don't forget to garrison Moscow. Don't let this thing slip away on a brain fart.
WitE Alpha Tester
carlkay58

Post by carlkay58 »

Turns out there is a supply exploit involving ports. Sapper is trying to use that but not too successfully. The exploit will disappear in 1.08.
swkuh

Post by swkuh »

An interesting game, for sure. If Carlkay58 is right, too bad game is based on an exploit. (But, I'm not up on such exploits.)

A game

Post by A game »

ORIGINAL: carlkay58

Turns out there is a supply exploit involving ports. Sapper is trying to use that but not too successfully. The exploit will disappear in 1.08.

I guess that explains the bizarre behavior in this game, its a shame players feel the need to use exploits...
loki100

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: A game

ORIGINAL: carlkay58

I guess that explains the bizarre behavior in this game, its a shame players feel the need to use exploits...

aye agree, Sapper222 (like Pelton and a few others) clearly has a great appreciation of how the game slots together and how to construct operational/tactical plans. But this search for gaps in the rules to find further advantage is a bit needless.
mktours

Post by mktours »

ORIGINAL: Callistrid

T10 Full front

German panzers arives on south, so my forces retreat back to the river, and rail points. The Bryansk Front was railed to Moscow, prepearing for the future decesive battles.
4 motorized division (3 SS, one regular) had been eliminated, so the german has only 27 operative mot/pz division, and 12 of them locate on southern front, the rest near Moscow.

I've sent 12 division to Leningrad, reinforce the city, and give more time, before will fall. Only 18-20 german division attack the citym but they are close from cuting the rail line.

Next turn I will send more troops from south to other fronts.

So Saper managed to break all the pockets in T10, but the troops at the far end still surrendered for being too far away from supply? That is a big set back to his side.
I am surprise that his panzers at Gomel failed to achieve any significant goal. Judged from the T9 maps, I thought that the rail junction at Lgov was a possible target, if his panzer corps at Gomel did a HQ build up or were heavily air dropped, it is possible for it to reach there. It looks like, that those troops were too far away from rail head to make HQ build up, and all the Ju52s were occupied by the air-dropping mission for those isolated troops. If so, then your sudden offense in the south was more decisive than I thought, you took complete initiative in those several turns (we could say that the GHC was completely shocked and was forced to make desperate measures, which surrendered the initiative completely to your side).
Saper made some fatal mistakes there, a biggest one was that he failed to air-dropped his motorized spearhead after they took Kharkov, and forgot to assign an airbase to stack with the HQ of 14Pz corps, which rendered air dropping to the HQ almost impossible (or did you displace the airbase?)
It is a very interesting AAR to read, thanks for sharing it.
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

Sapped done well! He allways supplied the motorized troops that is why southern front survied the battles. The airfield was not enough, I had several troops, and they allways surround the germans.
The railine in Kharkov was repaired on T09, so if sapper really attack with his troops around Gomel direrctly to Kursk, his panzer spearhead gone in the same situation like his southern front suffered. I had enough troops to encircle those guys.
mktours

Post by mktours »

ORIGINAL: Callistrid

Sapped done well! He allways supplied the motorized troops that is why southern front survied the battles. The airfield was not enough, I had several troops, and they allways surround the germans.
The railine in Kharkov was repaired on T09, so if sapper really attack with his troops around Gomel direrctly to Kursk, his panzer spearhead gone in the same situation like his southern front suffered. I had enough troops to encircle those guys.
Callistrid, Thanks for the reply!
I was not trying to make assertive judgments in my comment above; I was just interested and curious about how things evolved in the situation and wanted to get more information. Maybe I should choose my words carefully in my comments above, add some ‘?’ marks.
I read Saper’s report in the tech forum, in the screenshots he provided, the Panzers have 0 fuel, that surprised me, as it is very rare for GHC to fail to air drop fuel to Panzers, also I had checked your maps and didn’t see airbase stacking with the leading Panzers.
I am of course lacking of the real information about the game, indeed I am very likely to be wrong. I apologize for it if I did. It is not intended.
I made many careless big mistakes in my games, so I think it is normal to comment others making mistakes, that is not trying to downplay others’ performance. Indeed, I think it is impossible to avoid making mistakes, given the huge scale of the game and the small time and energy we used to play it, we need hundreds of staff to do the job, but we do it by oneself! :)
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

T11 South,

Soviet counter offensive, against the weak german front.

Attachments
00.jpg
00.jpg (936.28 KiB) Viewed 91 times
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

T11 Moscow

Cut the german spearheads supply line.

Attachments
01.jpg
01.jpg (1.45 MiB) Viewed 91 times
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

Leningrad

Evacuate the city, and send 40 division to Moscow front. No reason to defend Leningrad.

Attachments
02.jpg
02.jpg (357.5 KiB) Viewed 91 times
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

T11 Casulties

Attachments
03.jpg
03.jpg (360.73 KiB) Viewed 91 times
Flaviusx

Post by Flaviusx »

That's a bold move abandoning Leningrad. Not sure I agree with it. You could have tied down the Germans up there for a little longer.
WitE Alpha Tester
swkuh

Post by swkuh »

Abandoning Leningrad is unusual. As said, L'grad defense ties down German forces (& keeps some production going.) Is there a better use for L'grad's forces elsewhere? Can't see the gain for the loss. Well, play on and let's see.
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

T12 Full Front

Attachments
10.jpg
10.jpg (1.04 MiB) Viewed 91 times
loki100

Post by loki100 »

the chaos in the south is quite stunning ... certainly gets a prize in the 'ugly borders' competition [;)]
Oshawott

Post by Oshawott »

Watch out the Italians are coming! [:D]
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

reminds me of the game vs TVD at the end of blizzard it was 2.5 mil GHC vs 3.5 mil SHC
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Callistrid

Post by Callistrid »

T13 South

The germans try to encircle the Caucasus Front, with high succes. Sadly Sevastopol had fallen due german motorized attack.
The massive soviet forces from Stalino pull back the german troops with 2-3 hex, causing damage.

Attachments
02.jpg
02.jpg (1000.65 KiB) Viewed 91 times

Return to “After Action Reports”