Question on "cruise speed"

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Jorge_Stanbury

Question on "cruise speed"

Post by Jorge_Stanbury »

If I set a TF to cruise speed... would it be any penalty if it engage into combat?
or in other words, would it change to battle speed during engagements?

thanks
rustysi

RE: Question on "cruise speed"

Post by rustysi »

would it be any penalty if it engage into combat?
Yes. In relation to speed.
would it change to battle speed during engagements?
No. If you set it to cruise speed that's where it will stay (AFAIK). No full speed for combat.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

ORIGINAL: rustysi
No. If you set it to cruise speed that's where it will stay (AFAIK). No full speed for combat.

Not correct.

I could give several threads where I have answered this sort of question but it is always better to get a direct dev quote.

See Don Bowens quote in this thread.

tm.asp?m=3057446&mpage=1&key=speed&#3061142

The TF speed setting essentially is only a relevant factor in getting from A to B. Combat is a separate module which takes into account the maximum speed of each ship involved.

The default TF speed should always be "mission". Only use cruise or maximum when there is a specific and soundly based reason which warrants deviating.

Alfred
Jorge_Stanbury

Post by Jorge_Stanbury »

Thanks to both.

The reason is simple... low fuel, very low fuel... barely enough to reach a nearby base. This compounded with aggresive commanders that might want another round of fun.

rustysi

Post by rustysi »

ORIGINAL: Alfred

ORIGINAL: rustysi

Not correct.

I could give several threads where I have answered this sort of question but it is always better to get a direct dev quote.

See Don Bowens quote in this thread.

tm.asp?m=3057446&mpage=1&key=speed?

The TF speed setting essentially is only a relevant factor in getting from A to B. Combat is a separate module which takes into account the maximum speed of each ship involved.

The default TF speed should always be "mission". Only use cruise or maximum when there is a specific and soundly based reason which warrants deviating.

Alfred

Sorry for the misinformation. Alfred thanks for the correction.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
Jorge_Stanbury

Post by Jorge_Stanbury »

No worries bro, any advice is good when you are in panic mode

I had this great PBEM raid that ended with most of my DDs at "zero" fuel and CLs at 20% to 25%... I guess running at "full speed" has its risks... I needed to get out slowly and quietly for the next 2 turns. But things went very well, they reached a nearby base where some TKs were waiting

Return to “The War Room”