any weapon effect mods that dont have broken or removed links?

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Whiskiz

any weapon effect mods that dont have broken or removed links?

Post by Whiskiz »

Just got DW:U and it seems awesome but after finding DW extended universe mod i thought id upgrade it in other ways while learning it let alone afterward since that mod seemed pretty awesome too.

I have mods for icons, sound effects, ship graphics, planet/ruin etc graphics and basically everything but a weapon effects mod (and music mod but god knows what to choose for that, if anything is still up without broken links also.)

But the very few weapon effects mods i have found, every link is as mentioned in the title broken or has been removed, has anyone recently done a weapons effect mod and/or is there anything currently out there?

Thanks.
Tyrador

RE: any weapon effect mods that dont have broken or removed links?

Post by Tyrador »

Download my mod here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/prothean-cycl ... 0-finished

You will not regret the effects for sure.[:D]
Whiskiz

Post by Whiskiz »

Hm i would, thanks, but it looks like a complete game overhaul, one i can't preview/compare to all other aspects of the game i already have modded and it even changes the entire theme by the looks (to ME) is there any way to just download the weapon effects by themselves?
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

As for Music mod it is Alien Immersion which became recently part of bigger project Beyond Extended Universe mod.
It have race-specific soundtracks, alliance soundtracks (depending on alignment different races will have evil or good or neutral soundtracks) as well race specific diplomatic music for each race from 48 ones.
Resulting in 2.5 gb of music assets. I dont think you will find more extensive music mod around, which relates to DW:U race/story set.
The thread is around, you are welcome to hop on the bus. :)
No weapon sounds mod though there, only few customisations coming from integrated mods.
Alien Immersion (WIP) : tm.asp?m=3651979
Beyond Extended Universe (WIP): tm.asp?m=3657646
Whiskiz

Post by Whiskiz »

Nice, looks great from what i have read so far Blackstork, just one question, do you still need to manually switch files out at all as you go??

I have never really modded before and im not sure i would be able to handle anything above copy and paste, do continous modification on game by game basis, unlike all the rest of modding at this stage :p

Hope not cause that mod looks awesome, so does your extended one but that looks a little to full on for me, atm, having just started with distant worlds haha.

Thanks!

Also Tyrador when i go to download your mod, it says "404 Not Found."
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

ORIGINAL: Whiskiz

Nice, looks great from what i have read so far Blackstork, just one question, do you still need to manually switch files out at all as you go??

I have never really modded before and im not sure i would be able to handle anything above copy and paste, do continous modification on game by game basis, unlike all the rest of modding at this stage :p

Hope not cause that mod looks awesome, so does your extended one but that looks a little to full on for me, atm, having just started with distant worlds haha.

Thanks!

Also Tyrador when i go to download your mod, it says "404 Not Found."

Devs did not introduced soudntrack folder indexing, yet, and i hope they will do it soon. For now you need just copy&paste, nothing more than that. You need to copy Your race Sounds folder and Alliance Sounds folder over your theme (copy 2 "Sounds" folders into Beyond Extended Universe Alpha in Beyond case) in order to get result. Fow new race repeat the process - files will be replaced due consistent naming (just note there slight mistake with Mortalen and Sluken, you can easily fix it by renaming their race files in same fashion as other races named - i.e. Race01...Race06.mp3
Alien Immersion (WIP) : tm.asp?m=3651979
Beyond Extended Universe (WIP): tm.asp?m=3657646

Return to “Design and Modding”