[ADDED B580] A picture is worth a thousand words.

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

scottb613

[ADDED B580] A picture is worth a thousand words.

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Folks,

First off - for me - nothing reduces the immersion factor of Command - more than clicking on a platform and seeing the dreaded blank image/description record in the database... Along those lines I have updated literally hundreds of records and I am passing my changes to the database administrators for inclusion with updated releases - if they like them...

Just a request in regards to the database viewer operation... As most know - if you open a record in the database - you have to completely close the database viewer before you can open a new record... If possible - I'd like to humbly request that be changed... I'd like to see you click on a link to a platform and the respective database entry opens - subsequent clicks should just bring up the appropriate record when clicked... Ideally - I'd like to see a clck on the platform in the map view bring up the appropriate platform automatically - if the database viewer is open...

I use a dual monitor setup so I run the log and the database viewer on a separate monitor - so - if this were implemented - I would have a constant picture if whatever platform I am working with on the second monitor... It would also remove all the mousing to a different monitor and finding that little "X" to close the database viewer so I can look at the next platform...

Anyway - just my two cents - well maybe a nickels worth - appreciate all you guys do... Great product...

Regard,
Scott
mikmykWS

RE: A picture is worth a thousand words.

Post by mikmykWS »

Thanks Scott. Added this request to our queue and moved to tech support where we can track better.

Thanks!

Mike
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Actually try selecting database viewer from the game drop down menu. This may give you the behavior you're looking for.

Mike
scottb613

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Mike,

Sorry - No Joy...
:)

Unless I am missing something...

I've used the database viewer that way before - but - you still have to completely close the viewer before clicking on a platform link will bring up the appropriate database page... It's just a lot of unnecessary clicking - IMHO...

Thanks for looking into it again for me - greatly appreciated...

Regards,
Scott
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

The class search filter will allow you to search and click on entries in the list above. Try that but make sure you open the database viewer from the game dropdown (opening from the right side does restrict you).

Attachments
class.jpg
class.jpg (121.84 KiB) Viewed 186 times
scottb613

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Mike,

Yep - I understand and I've used that search function before... It's just not as convenient as clicking on the links provided in the GREEN arrow area... Especially in the heat of battle...

RE: My attached image...

The only time the GREEN Arrow clicks work is if the Database Viewer is fully closed - by first clicking the RED Arrow - if open... You currently have to repeat this task every time you wish to click another platform in the GREEN Arrow region... I just think it would be a vast improvement if you could just keep clicking down list in the GREEN arrow region without the need to close the Database Viewer between each and every subsequent click...

Ideally - I would like to see the Database Viewer automatically update every time you click a new platform in the MAGENTA Arrow area - as well... That way - if you have the Database Viewer open - you are getting immediate visual feedback for the platform you're working with - which updates every time you click on a new platform...

Again - just my humble suggestion to improve game play a bit... It's all up to what you guys think is best - I just wanted my suggestion to be clear... That little tiny RED Arrow "X" takes some concentration at some inopportune times...

Thanks for all you guys do and great sim...

Regards,
Scott

Attachments
ComMods.jpg
ComMods.jpg (913.06 KiB) Viewed 185 times
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Ok got it now. Thanks!

Mike
chrisol

Post by chrisol »

I'd certainly like to see the first part done (ie clicking on items in the right opens them in the database even if the database is open).

Slightly less convinced by clicking on the map, as it might be good to be looking at the database for 1 entry (eg your ship) while seeing what another is doing (eg enemy ship).

Thanks
Chris
alcamatraz

Post by alcamatraz »

Hi,
I'd like to add that being able to open a database entry while having the viewer already open is a feature that I would also like to see implemented.
Thanks
GeorgePattonIII

Post by GeorgePattonIII »

The only time the GREEN Arrow clicks work is if the Database Viewer is fully closed - by first clicking the RED Arrow - if open... You currently have to repeat this task every time you wish to click another platform in the GREEN Arrow region... I just think it would be a vast improvement if you could just keep clicking down list in the GREEN arrow region without the need to close the Database Viewer between each and every subsequent click...
I also use a dual monitor setup and was thinking exactly the same thing as scottb613. His suggestion would be an awesome improvement.

Ideally - I would like to see the Database Viewer automatically update every time you click a new platform in the MAGENTA Arrow area - as well... That way - if you have the Database Viewer open - you are getting immediate visual feedback for the platform you're working with - which updates every time you click on a new platform...
For the same reason stated by chrisol, I'm not as sure about this one. Perhaps it could be an option that could be turned on or off.
"He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."
- Winston Churchill
scottb613

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Folks,

Yeah - just one last point - if clicking on the map - it shouldn't give you the ability to cheat by identifying a contact for you - if type is unknown - it should just display an unknown contact message and not the actual platform...

Regards,
Scott

beikul

Post by beikul »

I'd like to +1 this request. I also have the database viewer on a second monitor and having to close it down manually before clicking on a different hyperlink is a pain.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Thanks for suggesting this. Added in Build 580.
Tomcat84

Post by Tomcat84 »

I think I need a second monitor [:D]
My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )
scottb613

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Folks,

Thanks so much - wow - I don't think I've ever had a suggestion incorporated into a payware product before... Pretty amazing... Thanks for all you guys do...

Yeah Tom - you definitely need a second monitor - I find it very difficult to go back to single screen mode after using two...

[:)]

Regards,
Scott
GeorgePattonIII

Post by GeorgePattonIII »

Thanks for suggesting this. Added in Build 580.

That is really cool. No wonder this game just keeps getting better and better. Thanks, you guys!
"He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."
- Winston Churchill
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

Sounds like some nice extra features have been added in the last couple of weeks. Any estimates on when the next public build/beta will be made available?

mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

No date yet but soon.

We're pretty busy working on a new feature.

Thanks!

Mike
scottb613

Post by scottb613 »

Morn'n Folks,

Just a follow up thought... I'm not sure how much of my request was implemented - but - I do see the point others have made about clicking on contacts in the magenta region - that - they might be searching the Database Viewer looking up other platforms and this might prove inconvenient... One other request I had made in another thread relates to searching the Database Viewer... Even with two monitors - screen real estate in this simulation is precious... I had suggested that the search function (top part of screen ) of the Database Viewer be collapsible... Most times - I use the Database Viewer I'm only interested in platforms in the scenario - so this would free up some screen real estate for a tool that isn't needed all the time... This could also provide the trigger for clicking platforms in the magenta region... If the search function is collapsed - then clicking on platforms in the magenta region immediately updates records in an open Database Viewer... If the search function is expanded - then clicking on platforms in the magenta region does not update the Database Viewer...

Anyway - just offering my 2 cents - LOL - take it for what it's worth... This would prevent clicks from interfering with users actively searching records in the database...
[;)]

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott
Marder

Post by Marder »

Nice to hear. Thanks for the teaser/update.
This sim is going to be better and better. Never seen such a big support from the devs in any software i bought.
It's worth every cent i payed. Keep up the fantastic work!

Return to “Tech Support”