Air intercept inside an area?

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Stevechase

RE: Air intercept inside an area?

Post by Stevechase »

ORIGINAL: Randomizer
Don't get your dander up.
No dander, no problem, no offence. I took the caps lock as stating what I should have determined was a blinding glimpse of the obvious or a motherhood statement while I did not think that it conformed to either. Bold or italics are good but I probably overreacted. Sorry.
Would you consider taking a scenario or create a simple one and setup an intercept mission per your guidelines above or one that you feel accomplishes as close to a solid intercept and upload it here so that I can look at it/test it to see if does what I am asking.
Therein lies at least part of the issue in that I am not sure what effect you want that cannot be simulated. Is the intercept in peace or war? Home territory or third party? What, if any are the ready asset limitations? Are we defending an area or a point? What's the threat? What's our detection capabilities and characteristics? Where do we wish the intercept to take place relative or absolute from the area/point to be protected? Part of the problem may be, unless I misunderstand, that you're trying to fully automate an evolution that is generally under close human control in the real world.

Not all interception missions are equal or even equivalent because not all intercept situations are identical. CMANO allows you to customize intercept missions using the above parameters as a minimum but it appears to be insufficient for what you want it to do. I find that it works pretty well as is and will only get better as the Team improves the event and mission editors.

-C
Therein lies at least part of the issue in that I am not sure what effect you want that cannot be simulated. Is the intercept in peace or war? Home territory or third party? What, if any are the ready asset limitations? Are we defending an area or a point? What's the threat? What's our detection capabilities and characteristics? Where do we wish the intercept to take place relative or absolute from the area/point to be protected? Part of the problem may be, unless I misunderstand, that you're trying to fully automate an evolution that is generally under close human control in the real world.
Ok. It may be better then if I setup the initial scenario and then kinda give you some basic ground rules as to what is expected for the intercept mission. It may take me a while, after all there is still a lot of college football to be played tonight. But I'll try to have you something tonight or by tomorrow. Cheers
LowesyPC

Re: Air intercept inside an area?

Post by LowesyPC »

Hey there, I want to drop into this discussion because I am having the same issue and still can't seem to see the solution, plus there is an issue that also causing me a problem.

So if the picture has worked, you'll see a situation in the China Sea.

I have two areas that I want aircraft to intercept, around the Ark Royal, and in the Brunei TOO. The issue is with a strike mission for the Ark Royal Sea Harriers and the F-18s in Brunei set to unfriendly, is leading them to fly far to the north to Bogey 101 which is the unknown aircraft between the two Chinese Task Forces to the north.

So my Question is how exactly do I have to set this, so I don't have to personally launch the aircraft.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Give it a try with the new B1328.14 update.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

LowesyPC wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:59 am Hey there, I want to drop into this discussion because I am having the same issue and still can't seem to see the solution, plus there is an issue that also causing me a problem.

So if the picture has worked, you'll see a situation in the China Sea.

I have two areas that I want aircraft to intercept, around the Ark Royal, and in the Brunei TOO. The issue is with a strike mission for the Ark Royal Sea Harriers and the F-18s in Brunei set to unfriendly, is leading them to fly far to the north to Bogey 101 which is the unknown aircraft between the two Chinese Task Forces to the north.

So my Question is how exactly do I have to set this, so I don't have to personally launch the aircraft.
Has this been fixed in B1328.14 ?

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”